WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - I wonder if you could help me with comparison pics of a Stowa 36 flieger with some other well known watches
- I am trying to gauge the size as I'd like to buy this for my wife but it may be a tad large even at 36 - she has thin wrists 6" ish

thanks

simon

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
Not sure I can help you here, Simon - as much as I think the watch will fit your wife just fine, a lot depends on personal preferences also.
Does she like larger watches, what's her preferred look and style?

To the Flieger 36 specifically, did you see this thread? heffergm (OP) ended up buying the Flieger 36 and posted a wrist shot (6.3" - 6.5"). That may give you some idea.

·
Premium Member
6,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks MHe - only just seen this - helpful
not a lot of traffic on the autobahn here - surprised
She currently wears a 34mm Hamilton Khaki quartz so we are in the right ball-park 0
but the thinner stowa case n wide open face will appear larger I'm guessing

cheers

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
Okay, here it goes .... I was "dancing" around the topic, not sure I want(ed) to say what I'm going to say.

My wife has the 90th Anniversary Flieger 36 mm - I can, unfortunately, not offer a wrist shot - just one week after we ordered that watch, she was diagnosed with a very aggressive type of breast cancer and she passed away before receiving the watch. She was very much looking forward to this piece; somehow, flingers are her favorite watched and she has 34 mm Fortis Flieger, 39 mm IWC Mark XVI and 36 mm MKII Hawkinge; the wrist shots below may give you an idea (her wrists are ~6.5"), although watches appear bigger in wrist shots than they actually are

A0235686-0566-4096-AC07-912CEE936048_1_201_a.jpeg

B8387D23-D9BD-4B9B-9FEF-DEED09192212_1_201_a.jpeg

58E0A467-EB13-446F-AD78-80BF468963F5.jpg

And a "comparison shot" of my 41 mm FOLE and my wife's 90th Anniversary Flieger 36 mm (not the best angle, I must admit) - the difference in size appears smaller, probably due to the thicker "bezel" on the FOLE

5E44F89D-2693-46E9-A8B6-5831D719F442_1_201_a.jpeg

Again, not exactly what you asked and are looking for but hope it's helpful nonetheless. Good luck, let us know what you decided (and post wrist shots)

·
Premium Member
6,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh brother, I am so very sorry for your loss -
My post inadvertently touched on your personal tragedy
I cannot imagine
Your wife had such style
God bless you

·
Premium Member
1,143 Posts
My daughter liked my Epoch so I bought her a matching one. The case size is 38mm and the lug-to-lug is 46mm, so just a bit larger than the Stowa 36 Flieger. She has a 6" wrist and she loves how the watch looks and wears. Sorry, no wrist shot for hers.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
I’m sorry for your loss MHe. Condolences.

Take care.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
49 Posts
Okay, here it goes .... I was "dancing" around the topic, not sure I want(ed) to say what I'm going to say.
Thank you for sharing your situation and some of your wife’s watch collection.

Please accept my deepest condolences.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts