WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A week ago Stowa announced this via instagram

Flieger 36 with bronze case and various dial options (+-date +-logo) maybe B-Dial?

I’m sure that enthusiastic Stowa fans already realized this news.

The comments on insta are really positive and personally think that’s a really cool release. Although it’s not a complete novelty model.
What’s do you think about it?

And it seems that WUS is not the primary channel for infos from Stowa?

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Nice! I love the 36mm Stowa variants.

Although a Flieger really belongs on a Flieger-strap :)

·
Registered
339 Posts
No other posts on here about this watch, this is the only thread that came up on search! I am on the brink of buying this but just can't fully settle on automatic or hand wind. I like the rotor on the auto but understand the auto makes the watch slightly thicker too but I like the openness and hand wind feel of a hand wind movement too (have the Hamilton Khaki Pilot with 2801...).

What to do...

·
Registered
95 Posts
No other posts on here about this watch, this is the only thread that came up on search! I am on the brink of buying this but just can't fully settle on automatic or hand wind. I like the rotor on the auto but understand the auto makes the watch slightly thicker too but I like the openness and hand wind feel of a hand wind movement too (have the Hamilton Khaki Pilot with 2801...).

What to do...
Go for hand wound! I would think that most people here would agree with me.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
If there is a choice, I always go for the handwind option (hence 80% of my rotation is handwound).

·
Registered
339 Posts
Can anyone tell me what the strap taper is that comes with this? I know it's 18mm at the lugs but need to know what it is at the buckle so I can buy a rubber strap as I will be using that instead!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I am surprised there are no photos yet because I received mine yesterday, and it is a beautiful, beautiful watch. I replaced the stock strap with a green 18mm aftermarket piece and it fits perfectly . I believe the taper is a standard 16mm at the buckle.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I am surprised there are no photos yet because I received mine yesterday, and it is a beautiful, beautiful watch. I replaced the stock strap with a green 18mm aftermarket piece and it fits perfectly . I believe the taper is a standard 16mm at the buckle.

View attachment 15815806
That's a wonderful piece! Enjoy!

·
Registered
339 Posts

View attachment 15815806
Superb! Did the patina come already on the watch? Any shots of the back?

I actually messaged Stowa on the livechat and got a prompt reply the other day about the strap size so I ordered myself an olive green Hirsch PURE natural rubber 2 piece as the taper is the same so the buckle can port over. I love these straps as they feel and look so good and can get wet no problem. I am not a huge fan of leather as they go rank over time with moisture etc.

·
Registered
40 Posts
The patina came with the watch :)

Here’s a shot of the back:

Reactions: JuNi and mrk

·
Registered
339 Posts
Awesome cheers!

Stowa's site says 5ATM waterproof means you can wear it whilst showering, so I imagine resetting the patina with a cup of lemon juice should not be an issue either. I'd want to reset it so the whole patina can start from my ownership!

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Awesome cheers!

Stowa's site says 5ATM waterproof means you can wear it whilst showering, so I imagine resetting the patina with a cup of lemon juice should not be an issue either. I'd want to reset it so the whole patina can start from my ownership!
If I remember correctly the Stowa bronze doesn’t develop patina. Apparently it is pre-aged and then treated to halt the process.

·
Registered
339 Posts
If I remember correctly the Stowa bronze doesn’t develop patina. Apparently it is pre-aged and then treated to halt the process.

Ahh really, did not know that, I suppose that is a good thing in a way as you don't have to worry about patina transfer onto shirt sleeves etc whilst still being genuine bronze.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts