WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just received this email regarding a Special Edition.

Special edition

In January we announced a special edition which we wanted to launch in February. For organizational reasons this is only possible in March though we would like to show and describe you the watch already today.

Movement
Despite a general shortness of movements and parts in the market we could rebuild 80 pcs. of Unitas 6498 movements. We have equipped these movements with a standard balance and gold plated balance cock. The movements are revised by us and we grant the same running values we achieve with our nicely finished movement with screw balance and swan neck regulator.

Design
As the inner values could probably be above the optical values we have built in the movements well-protected behind a solid case back (unfortunately sapphire crystal case is optionally not available). The hands of the watches are black resp. white polished. As standard strap a black cow leatherstrap in 22 mm with black stitching will be mounted. Of course you can order at the sales start which will be on march 22 nd another strap to your watch.

Price
We have a very fair price for this special edition starting with EUR 640.00!!
We have the following versions:
- 50 watches with arabic numerals in white
- 20 watches with roman numerals in white and
- 10 watches with white arabic numerals on black dial.

(Please keep in mind that this is not a limited edition, which means that provided movements are available we could take such a model again into production)

Sale in 2 steps
We will proceed the sale in the online-shop in 2 steps:

To give all our customers worldwide the chance to order we will release in 2 steps

- the first 40 watches at ca. 8.00 a.m.
- the other 40 watches at 8.00 p.m.

Here you can see a short preview of our watches

Your STOWA team

·
Registered
946 Posts
I just received this email regarding a Special Edition.

Special edition

In January we announced a special edition which we wanted to launch in February. For organizational reasons this is only possible in March though we would like to show and describe you the watch already today.

Movement
Despite a general shortness of movements and parts in the market we could rebuild 80 pcs. of Unitas 6498 movements. We have equipped these movements with a standard balance and gold plated balance cock. The movements are revised by us and we grant the same running values we achieve with our nicely finished movement with screw balance and swan neck regulator.

Design
As the inner values could probably be above the optical values we have built in the movements well-protected behind a solid case back (unfortunately sapphire crystal case is optionally not available). The hands of the watches are black resp. white polished. As standard strap a black cow leatherstrap in 22 mm with black stitching will be mounted. Of course you can order at the sales start which will be on march 22 nd another strap to your watch.

Price
We have a very fair price for this special edition starting with EUR 640.00!!
We have the following versions:
- 50 watches with arabic numerals in white
- 20 watches with roman numerals in white and
- 10 watches with white arabic numerals on black dial.

(Please keep in mind that this is not a limited edition, which means that provided movements are available we could take such a model again into production)

Sale in 2 steps
We will proceed the sale in the online-shop in 2 steps:

To give all our customers worldwide the chance to order we will release in 2 steps

- the first 40 watches at ca. 8.00 a.m.
- the other 40 watches at 8.00 p.m.

Here you can see a short preview of our watches

Your STOWA team
Pass. I want to be able to see the movement under the hood.

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
No blued hands, solid back, rebuilt movement. Price is attractive, but somebody with their heart set on a MO will more than likely ante up for the MO.

Reactions: Renisin

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I´m sorry. Wrong timing for me, but having said that it loses positive points in my "score board", mainly the display back and the swan neck-were is the difference from all the "Unitas Clones" out there.
In the end I´m glad I have an excuse for saving and waiting for an MO inspite of the price diferencial.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
I think it's nice of them to offer several potential customers a less expensive MO - and it's a good option for sure. However, I have to admit I'm completely baffled that they go to the trouble to gold plate the balance cock, but then hide it behind a solid caseback.

What is meant by:

"As the inner values could probably be above the optical values we have built in the movements well-protected behind a solid case back"

??? That sentence did not translate well. I have no idea the reasoning that Stowa is trying to convey for the decision about the case back.

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
I think they're saying it's what's on the inside that counts. And that the movement won't be as pretty to look at as the usual MO movement but it will run very well.

·
Registered
217 Posts
The lack of blued hands might be an issue with the white dial, but black arabic dial and white hands looks just fine.
FWIW I'm in the queue for a flieger 2801, and this has severely shaken my faith :)

·
Registered
285 Posts
I got this email as well.

But it dod not mentioned if they will be brushed or polished case??? (Though the pics showed brushed finish.)

Congrats to al those who will buy in advance, but I will pass as I agree with others of the solid steel back and black hands is not my choice.

·
Registered
43 Posts
How about Antea? I wish Stowa can provide some special edition for Antea :)

·
Moderator at Large
54,121 Posts
How about Antea? I wish Stowa can provide some special edition for Antea :)
Stowa did. Just to mention some of them: It all started with a limited run of Antea watches with a hw ETA 2660....there has been a creme date version with ETA 2824-2 limited to 100 pieces....there has been a Zegarek-klubowy-2010-Stowa Antea Kmziz... there has been a limited Antea edition to celebrate 80 years of Stowa....there has been a LE of only 25 pieces for a polish watch forum (Stowa Antea Limited Edition (25 pieces), and, and.....

You came a bit late to the party ;-)

·
Moderator at Large
54,121 Posts
Not---- it is a special series, not a limited edition.
Jörg also stated that there might be another run.....

Sonderserie_Kombo1.jpg

·
Registered
604 Posts
The 25 nos LE are phenomenal are they available anywhere?

Stowa did. Just to mention some of them: It all started with a limited run of Antea watches with a hw ETA 2660....there has been a creme date version with ETA 2824-2 limited to 100 pieces....there has been a Zegarek-klubowy-2010-Stowa Antea Kmziz... there has been a limited Antea edition to celebrate 80 years of Stowa....there has been a LE of only 25 pieces for a polish watch forum (Stowa Antea Limited Edition (25 pieces), and, and.....

You came a bit late to the party ;-)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts