WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
It will stil be a very nice watch but I would rather ante up the extra cost for what sets Stowa apart from all the others. I'd guess these will be gone very quickly.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Well thats amazing. I stayed on at work in order to see if i could get a black face with arabic numerals special edition MO. I sat hitting refresh constantly at 7am and the button said "available on the 22nd". I hit refresh again and everything changed to sold out. How on earth can they sell out in the time it takes to refresh the page (half a second?). Likewise with the other special edition MO's All sold out in literally 10 seconds. :(

I have no idea how other people purchased one. I was sat ready to buy at exactly 7am :( disappointing!

·
Registered
28 Posts
James

I guess there were only 5 piece available from the modell you wanted.
Just try it on 8 p.m. for the ones who will be offered for the US market ;)

Wish you good look and bee sure next litmited edition will be in pipline (well I think so)and you will like that type even more...

Best
Martin

·
Registered
141 Posts
James

I guess there were only 5 piece available from the modell you wanted.
Just try it on 8 p.m. for the ones who will be offered for the US market ;)

Wish you good look and bee sure next litmited edition will be in pipline (well I think so)and you will like that type even more...

Best
Martin
Thanks Carlos :) but it was the same for all the models. The buttons just changed from "Available 22nd March" to "Sold out". Never actually saw an option to buy. Truth be told, I wasn't 100% sure on which one I wanted. I was open to getting any of them, but it never happened :(

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks Carlos :) but it was the same for all the models. The buttons just changed from "Available 22nd March" to "Sold out". Never actually saw an option to buy. Truth be told, I wasn't 100% sure on which one I wanted. I was open to getting any of them, but it never happened :(
James, if it's any consolation the exact same thing happened to me. "Available 22nd March" to "Sold Out" in one refresh. I suppose one just had to get a bit of luck, and neither us did. :-(

I was also after a black Arabic. I've been um-ing and ah-ing about a black MO for a year now. This special was the impetus for me to finally make my decision so I suppose I'll just have to for a standard one now! :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
I was able to order a white arabic MO twenty minutes after the sale has started. I just checked the website and you could order until know a white one with arabic.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I was lucky to be able to purchase a black arabic dial (number 2).
It was quite easy but had to decide really quickly - which I did...
Was at the website at 7.50 and checked and refresh every 30seconds or so
Had my order confirmation of Stowa by 08.02

·
Registered
141 Posts
Well either there was something very wrong with my computer, or it was a UK thing, as by 07:02 UK time, they had all changed to sold out :(

·
Registered
30 Posts
Well either there was something very wrong with my computer, or it was a UK thing, as by 07:02 UK time, they had all changed to sold out :(
I just had another try with the 8pm CET time and will shortly be a proud owner of a white Arabic MO! The black ones never seemed to come available and despite that being my first choice, I am very happy!

·
Registered
141 Posts
White arabic ones are showing as available, but i'll hold off for now. Really wanted a black one with white hands.

I guess you win some, and you lose some!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Sorry for digging out this old thread; has someone ever opened the caseback of this Special Edition Marine Originals? I did it recently after i purchased the watch from a private seller. There is no gold plated balance cock and a very „Standard“ looking Spring/adjustmend System.

So I am really confused and wondering if the pre-owner changed these parts or is it still in its original state as it was delivered from Stowa?

i expected this type of modified Unitas (original photos of stowas newsletter in 2012 / Homepage)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Saw this and thought ‘my dream has come true!’ Solid case back, old logo, black or whatever Marine. Would love this watch, then saw the date. Oh well. I’ll live with the disappointment...

21 - 34 of 34 Posts