41,029 Posts
Mine is in customs. Can't wait to post here so I don't feel so jealous

·
Premium Member
41,029 Posts

·
Premium Member
41,029 Posts
Thank you very much Volker. It's great to have some information about it. A bargain indeed!
So, do I have #1 then from the looks of the dial?

Edit: the ones you posted look slightly different. The text between 5 and 6 o'clock is slightly different, but the main difference seems to be that mine has a date window at 6 o'clock. Were there several varieties in this series?

·
Premium Member
41,029 Posts
Mine just has one line

INOX 2 LIMITIERT NO 01/30

It suggests this is a second INOX series, limited to 30. However, I can't find anything about this potential second series, but plenty about the first one.

I am therefore assuming that, because this is 01, this is a prototype for something that didn't make it into production.

I have the box and booklet so I'll see if that sheds any light on it this evening.

·
Premium Member
41,029 Posts
Thanks spronston. It does say prototype, so I guess that means it's the only one.

I did email stowa previously to ask if they did actually have plans to make it in the future. They said no.

·
Premium Member
41,029 Posts

The only Antea I own so far, INOX 2 prototype.

I think it's about time I clean it up a bit. A light polish with a cape cod cloth (came from previous owner with some minor scratches) and perhaps a more interesting strap.
It's funny. I loved this thing - thought is was absolutely stunning. I thought long and hard about selling, and after I did I wondered if I had made the right decision.

A few weeks later and I didn't even miss it one bit.

Until now.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts