WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Watchuseek Journalist
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Stowa is always my first stop in Basel as I look forward to what interesting display will the Stowa team bring this year. This year the theme was around Testaf watch and new branding around black forest animation.

Games Electronic device Technology Room Recreation

Just like some of us on the Stowa forum I was a bit apprehensive about 45mm case and the massive crown. I was pleasantly surprised - even a bit shocked on how well it looked on my 6.5 inch wrist. The titanium case and rubber strap made is very easy to wear and not worry about the weight on your wrist.

First, here is Jorg showing us the Testaf watch:

Watch Wrist Fashion accessory Hand Outerwear

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Wrist Fashion accessory

I had a chance to visit Sinn as well and see their Testaf watches. I will post Sinn report in the German forum, but other than couple of similarities, they are very different watches. Sinn Testaf was in smaller case and had completely different hands, text, date, and had the crown in same position as other Sinn divers.

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Blue Strap

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

Wrist Watch Watch accessory Hand Fashion accessory

The Testaf strap was very comfortable but I have slight doubt about the trimming of the rubber strap. Jorg explained it was easy to do, but I would get it done at a watch repair shop. The clasp was easy to operate with push buttons and lock for safety.

Watch Gadget Wrist Material property Hand

My friend tried on the Marine chrono and said it was a classic. He will be joining the Stowa family shortly :)

Wrist Hand Fashion accessory Cup Watch

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

Watch Analog watch Black White Watch accessory

The branding idea of Black Forrest Inc. is very cool. Stowa did not want to invest in a big budget advertisement with a celebrity and Jorg always has an novel approach to doing things anyways. Therefore he worked with an animation company, which was a worldwide collaboration, to come up a theme associating Stowa to black forest and cookoo clocks. the animation shows how internet was invented, which made it easy to order goods (Stowa watches) directly from manufacturer.

Liqueur Event Award Gold medal

Finally, a visit to Stowa in Basel would not be complete without suggesting a project to Jorg for Watchuseek and this time stars aligned and Jorg has agreed to a Watchuseek special edition. I will open a new thread on this project with Ernie's permission. Jorg will also provide some initial drawings of the project watch very soon. Only hint I can provide is that it will be a divers watch with special case, dial, and engravings ;-) Your input is always welcome to make this a forum project!

Cheers, Bhanu

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
hehe he thinks he so cool don't he...Get back to work on those Fliegers Jorg! :p hehe I am surprised at how well the 45mm diameter and even bigger 55mm lug to lug fits on yuor 6.75" wrist. Just goes to show what Jorg was on about in terms of design elements helping to make the watch very wearable :)

edit: just realised its 6.5" wow...

Reactions: rcnich

·
Moderator Emeritus
58,172 Posts
I'm really liking the new TESTAF more and more. A modern take on a flieger. Would like to see more pictures of the movement.
Movement is the commonly known and omnipresent ETA 2824-2 in top version with Geneva stripes, blued screws, rhodinated, golden Stowa logo on the rotor. Stowa standard so to say. Not as spectacular as the watch in total.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Movement is the commonly known and omnipresent ETA 2824-2 in top version with Geneva stripes, blued screws, rhodinated, golden Stowa logo on the rotor. Stowa standard so to say. Not as spectacular as the watch in total.
What I find interesting is that I thought Stowa didn't have any Top movements left, I thought they were Elabore? Or am I confusing with COSC?

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'm assuming it will have a cuckoo complication and be key-wound, right? If so, I'll get my trebuchet ready to send in my order.

Reactions: uli007 and Armchair

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Well, we (Jörg, Ernie, Bhanu) are currently discussing the Parameters of the Forum Watch. But take it for granted:It will be a Stowa :)
Moonphase by any chance? I've always reckon that if anyone can do a classy moonphase, it would be jörg!
But Bhanu hinted at a diver, so chances of a moonphase is pretty slim!

Appreciate the efforts of you guys to organize this.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Finally, a visit to Stowa in Basel would not be complete without suggesting a project to Jorg for Watchuseek and this time stars aligned and Jorg has agreed to a Watchuseek special edition. I will open a new thread on this project with Ernie's permission. Jorg will also provide some initial drawings of the project watch very soon. Only hint I can provide is that it will be a divers watch with special case, dial, and engravings ;-) Your input is always welcome to make this a forum project!
ummm... wow! That is a tease if ever I saw one.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.