WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Watchuseek Journalist
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
“The Tempus Arte Group of Professor Ulrich Rohde (Lang & Heyne, DUW, Leinfelder, 50% Blaken) recently has acquired the German watch brand Stowa.”

Awaiting further details from Joerg Schauer shortly.

It is a big shock but pandemic could have been a major factor.

One curiousness is Schauer brand since it has been removed from Stowa website. If Joerg will keep the Schauer brand and focus only on it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
The Tempus Arte Group of Professor Ulrich Rohde (Lang & Heyne, DUW, Leinfelder, 50% Blaken) recently has acquired the German watch brand Stowa.

I just saw that elsewhere. Please update here when you have news?

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Thats pretty surprising I did not expect Stowa to be sold.

I wonder what direction the new owner will go with the company. Maybe produce more models or try to move up or down market. Will be interesting to see what happens for sure.

Reactions: SaoDavi

·
Moderator Emeritus
55,409 Posts
The Tempus Arte Group of Professor Ulrich Rohde (Lang & Heyne, DUW, Leinfelder, 50% Blaken) recently has acquired the German watch brand Stowa.

One curiousness is Schauer brand since it has been removed from Stowa website. If Joerg will keep the Schauer brand and focus only on it?
The author, Gisbert Brunner, should asap review his Facebook report. I do not think that the Tempus Arte Group owns DUW (NOMOS) but UWD - Uhrenwerke Dresden.
Anyway, as far as Stowa is concerned, sorry to hear. Indeed shocking news. Would have expected some words from Jörg himself rather than reading such important news on Gisbert‘s Facebook account.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Wow...that sucks

Thanks for letting us know, Bhanu.

·
Registered
270 Posts
This could be an information leak and Jorg never intended for it to get out this way. Given that the 6498 was to see a modified look, I wonder if the name change was the "change" or different look. I wish the company name great health and the same leadership.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Personally, I find it questionable to hear such announcements/disseminate them, from sources other than the company being sold.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Maybe mr @Jörg Schauer ; would help shed some light - even if this wasn’t intended to come out now? Or if it’s just rumours..

·
Moderator Emeritus
55,409 Posts
This could be an information leak and Jorg never intended for it to get out this way. Given that the 6498 was to see a modified look, I wonder if the name change was the "change" or different look. I wish the company name great health and the same leadership.
Gisbert Brunner is one of the best informed watch journalists. I doubt something „leaked“.

·
Registered
825 Posts
I don't use Facebook but created an account for this...I don't see it on Stowa's Facebook page

·
Registered
105 Posts
Gisbert Brunner is one of the best informed watch joirnalists. I doubt something „leaked“.
i cant find it also. Could you please copy it into this Thread?

btw: from a Business Perspektive „sold“ does Not imply a Bad Outlook necessarily. Maybe its just for funding reasons. Sometimes Even Hostile take overs sometimes Foster a Company developement and Products. Who Knows.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Oh! Big news and not clear if it is good or bad :/ Hopefully Schauer will comment and give some clarification. I am very fond of the my Stowa Flieger I purchased last year. Wearing it right now actually. All the best to the company and employees!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I don't use Facebook but created an account for this...I don't see it on Stowa's Facebook page
I saw it on Facebook’s “STOWA Watches Fan Group”, not their official page. Lots of brands have these affinity groups on Facebook. Most are set to private so you can’t join them right away but it takes a mod to let you in after you request to join.

·
Registered
825 Posts
I saw it on Facebook’s “STOWA Watches Fan Group”, not their official page. Lots of brands have these affinity groups on Facebook. Most are set to private so you can’t join them right away but it takes a mod to let you in after you request to join.
Ah...thank you!

·
Moderator Emeritus
55,409 Posts
Those interested are invited to check the „Gisbert Brunner“ FB account. Here the news was published first.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts