WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
That's too bad. I have a Stowa Flieger Sport and enjoy the attention to detail on both the product and the great customer service.

Too often a new owner will seek to cut costs to recoup their investment, and inevitably the quality declines and it's a race to the bottom. I hope that doesn't happen to Stowa. I also hope the nice folks working at Stowa keep their jobs.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I do M&A work for a large US company and we frequently buy businesses. Our philosophy is to buy businesses that are well run and add value to our company. To that end, we leave management in place (often incentivizing them to stay) and let them continue to run the business as they did before. I hope that’s the case with Stowa.

·
Moderator Emeritus
55,409 Posts
I do M&A work for a large US company and we frequently buy businesses. Our philosophy is to buy businesses that are well run and add value to our company. To that end, we leave management in place (often incentivizing them to stay) and let them continue to run the business as they did before. I hope that’s the case with Stowa.
That has already been the case when Vorwerk Ventures jumped in wirh an investment a couple of years ago.

·
Registered
230 Posts
The release is thin on detail, and I don’t know anything about Tempus, but my guess is that Jorg will have an agreement to stay on and manage Stowa’s operations for a period of years. To the extent it allows Stowa access to greater capital, while allowing the business to operate somewhat autonomously, it could be a good thing.

·
Registered
354 Posts
This is a shock! Waiting to hear it officially though

·
Registered
885 Posts
Why, in this day and age, would news of a watch company being sold be shocking? There could be any number of reasons why Schauer elected to sell the company - both business and personal. Some of you folks apparently need to sit down, take a deep breath and face reality. Business gets sold. It happens.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Why, in this day and age, would news of a watch company being sold be shocking? There could be any number of reasons why Schauer elected to sell the company - both business and personal. Some of you folks apparently need to sit down, take a deep breath and face reality. Business gets sold. It happens.
Because it's a company that a lot of us have had personal dealings with either through sales and the people in the customer service department or with Jorg himself. No one's shocked that companies get sold we were just surprised that this one did because Jorg has been the owner for 25 or 30 years and it wasn't clear at first if he was staying on or not.

That's why.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Because it's a company that a lot of us have had personal dealings with either through sales and the people in the customer service department or with Jorg himself. No one's shocked that companies get sold we were just surprised that this one did because Jorg has been the owner for 25 or 30 years and it wasn't clear at first if he was staying on or not.

That's why.
Companies just like that get sold every day, regardless of individual customers' experiences. That's just life. It really shouldn't be a shock. No business is sacrosanct. It's quite natural to be saddened by such things but the fact is that independent concerns get gobbled up routinely. Just part of our world.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Companies just like that get sold every day, regardless of individual customers' experiences. That's just life. It really shouldn't be a shock. No business is sacrosanct. It's quite natural to be saddened by such things but the fact is that independent concerns get gobbled up routinely. Just part of our world.
You are correct but it does show how some companies bond strongly with their customers. Stowa is one of them thus the reaction.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 48 Posts