WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
I understand a lot of people are seeing this negatively, me as well at first. But there’s a few things to consider, first being that Jörg owned his brand. It has grown significantly since he bought it, and my understanding is that the company is doing very well, even these past two years. So if he’s selling it, it’s probably because it’s in the best interest of both him and the brand. If you look at the other brands involved in the group, none seem quite as large as Stowa.
  • Do we know if Jörg will be a large shareholder in the Tempus Arte group? This could be his way of adding to the Stowa brand while still sharing ownership
  • Being partnered with UWD might bring some fantastic in-house customized movements to those limited run 41mm Fliegers we all go crazy for
  • The Blaken brand could add case hardening and more customized dials to the Stowa lineup
Time will tell how it will affect Stowa but I believe Jörg knows what he is doing. He isn’t leaving anytime soon, that he has said himself. This could be a move that will help with the areas Stowa struggled with like supply of movements, and strengthen what Stowa does well, like customization.
And since Schauer watches seem to not be part of that acquisition, we might see them sprout up again on his personal website (which is still active)

·
Registered
230 Posts
I understand a lot of people are seeing this negatively, me as well at first. But there’s a few things to consider, first being that Jörg owned his brand. It has grown significantly since he bought it, and my understanding is that the company is doing very well, even these past two years. So if he’s selling it, it’s probably because it’s in the best interest of both him and the brand. If you look at the other brands involved in the group, none seem quite as large as Stowa.
  • Do we know if Jörg will be a large shareholder in the Tempus Arte group? This could be his way of adding to the Stowa brand while still sharing ownership
  • Being partnered with UWD might bring some fantastic in-house customized movements to those limited run 41mm Fliegers we all go crazy for
  • The Blaken brand could add case hardening and more customized dials to the Stowa lineup
Time will tell how it will affect Stowa but I believe Jörg knows what he is doing. He isn’t leaving anytime soon, that he has said himself. This could be a move that will help with the areas Stowa struggled with like supply of movements, and strengthen what Stowa does well, like customization.
And since Schauer watches seem to not be part of that acquisition, we might see them sprout up again on his personal website (which is still active)
Agree. This looks like a good deal, and not at all like a predatory or dilutive acquisition, or a sell-and-retire deal. It should provide greater synergies and capital access, which allows already great design, quality control, and customer service to get even better. If I bought Stowa, it would be conditioned on all the key people remaining in place and continuing to do what they do. I’m sure there are agreements in place to accomplish just that.

·
Registered
Omega Constellation, Stowa Partitio, , Steinhart, Limes Endurance Neptun Vintage: Tissot, Bulova.
333 Posts
This is gut-punching news about a revered independent brand. Sorry to hear, but perhaps inevitable given the state of the industry.

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
I wonder what this means for pricing and orders in the near term.

Will the prices go up? Should I pull the trigger now? Should I wait to see how things shake out?

·
Registered
825 Posts

Will the prices go up? Should I pull the trigger now? Should I wait to see how things shake out?
Very tough to know. My guess is that they're not going to raise prices immediately after purchasing Stowa...would look bad. Then again with the economy being what it is, prices are up on everything so who knows.

Only thing that is (almost) certain is that prices aren't coming down.

Reactions: wkw

·
Premium Member
295 Posts

I ordered a piece on 6/30, I'll let ya know how it goes as far as a 'current' order!

41 - 48 of 48 Posts