WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning!

I just purchased my first watch from Stowa last week. I live in the US and I have never purchased a watch from abroad - and I worried about the craziness with COVID and shipping.

Has anyone had experience ordering directly from Stowa (shipping to US)? I received order confirmation with a delivery date of 2-3 weeks.

Will I receive updates from Stowa when this item ships? Also, I noticed my Canadian friends mention there is a huge import tax. Does this apply for the United States, too?

Thanks everyone for any feedback/reassurance you can provide.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Last watch I bought from Stowa they sent an e-mail telling me that the watch was about to ship. Tracking was available 1-2 days after that. I could be wrong, but I think FedEx charged me something like $18. That cost varies based on price, I think but I couldn't even begin to explain it. ---- What watch did you get?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gotcha. Thanks - so far I just received a confirmation e-mail last week, but nothing beyond that. It's only been a week so I'll be patient.

I was torn between the Partitio Black w/ Red Hand, Marine 40 Arabic, or the Flieger Klassik 40. I ended up going for the Flieger Klassik 40; I enjoy WWII history and the timelessness of the Flieger design so I pulled the trigger.

Which Stowa did you purchase and when? Have you enjoyed it?

·
Registered
28,660 Posts
You made a good choice. The model you picked is an excellent watch.

Because of the current conditions, shipping from abroad is later than usual, but be patience as it will get here sooner than you think.

Stowa does not mess around when it comes to shipping out asap.

Good luck.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Gotcha. Thanks - so far I just received a confirmation e-mail last week, but nothing beyond that. It's only been a week so I'll be patient.

I was torn between the Partitio Black w/ Red Hand, Marine 40 Arabic, or the Flieger Klassik 40. I ended up going for the Flieger Klassik 40; I enjoy WWII history and the timelessness of the Flieger design so I pulled the trigger.

Which Stowa did you purchase and when? Have you enjoyed it?
Stowa has a really nice catalog of watches. I have the Classic 40 as well as the T02 and have a Schauer One Hand that's incoming that's taking a bit longer than I anticipated. But I'm not worried. Stowa is a really good company to deal with.

I really like the Classic 40 and wear it quite often. It's looks great, very clean and readable, it's finished nicely and the lume is killer. I got it about 2 years ago. You made a great choice!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Stowa has a really nice catalog of watches. I have the Classic 40 as well as the T02 and have a Schauer One Hand that's incoming that's taking a bit longer than I anticipated. But I'm not worried. Stowa is a really good company to deal with.

I really like the Classic 40 and wear it quite often. It's looks great, very clean and readable, it's finished nicely and the lume is killer. I got it about 2 years ago. You made a great choice!
Thank you for your feedback! So glad I made a good first pick.

Reactions: LB Carl

·
Registered
9 Posts
Good morning!

I just purchased my first watch from Stowa last week. I live in the US and I have never purchased a watch from abroad - and I worried about the craziness with COVID and shipping.

Has anyone had experience ordering directly from Stowa (shipping to US)? I received order confirmation with a delivery date of 2-3 weeks.

Will I receive updates from Stowa when this item ships? Also, I noticed my Canadian friends mention there is a huge import tax. Does this apply for the United States, too?

Thanks everyone for any feedback/reassurance you can provide.
Hawkeye — excellent choice on the Klassik 40! I own the slightly larger Klassik Sport and love it!

When I purchased, I received the confirmation and then a separate e-mail with FedEx tracking info when it shipped. I actually don’t remember paying a tax, but when I have purchased other watches from outside the country, typically the shipping service pays the tax and then bills you direct prior to delivery.

I have since sent my Flieger back to the Black Forest to have a new crown installed and the customer service was top notch all around. You will be very happy with your purchase. Congrats!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
289 Posts
It will probably take longer than you anticipate, especially because of the coronavirus, but you have nothing to worry about, you will get your watch, and love it too. The flieger classic 40 is an absolutely fantastic watch. Great choice!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts