WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Yes, I too had been ogling the a Stowa handwind for years, and today I saw they switched to Selita movements and I'm bummed. Their was just something about having an old original ETA 2801 in that watch. Definitely diminishes my desire for that watch. I just doesn't feel the same. Big loss for Stowa,

However in the real world, my auto Sinn with Selita is -1 sec or so a day, my friggin Damasko with a ETA 2824 is plus 12-15 sec a day!!

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Their was just something about having an old original ETA 2801 in that watch. Definitely diminishes my desire for that watch. I just doesn't feel the same. Big loss for Stowa,
Meh. Neither the ETA 28xx nor the Sellita SW2xx are very exotic movements. I can vouch for how pleasant the Sellita SW210 is though: it's very accurate and the haptic quality/handwinding feel is absolutely delightful.

And good luck finding an ETA in any German made watch these days. It seems all brands have moved over to Sellita in their volume models by now, so it's an even playing field when you're shopping outside of the Swatch Group.

Reactions: mark405

·
Registered
7 Posts
Simple choice then dr751: find an ETA one on ebay, get a nice new one with a perfectly good Selita or don’t get one at all!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts