WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m interested in purchasing my first ever pilot/military style watch for something different to wear at weekends and I stumbled across this on eBay. I know very little about Stowa or pilot watches. Is this a good model and a good price? I like the clean simple retro looking dial and think the strap it’s on compliments it well

Any advice would be great

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Stowa-Flie...-Old-logo-Upgraded-movement-VGC-/222802865293

·
Registered
308 Posts
Yes to quality of Stowa, no to this price (IMO). I don't own any of their fliegers but I do own their Antea and the quality in the price range (sub $1,000 usd) is hard to beat. I have seen used Ikarus models from later years sell on this forum for $500usd. One could argue the old logo on this example commands higher value although to a limited degree.

·
Registered
5,503 Posts
Stowa is a good brand and makes excellent fliegers. I myself have the Stowa Flieger Sport which is a 43mm version. Stowa fliegers are known for their excellent lume. I've seen good examples sell for around $750 on watchrecon and Watchuseek. They're a popular brand among the cognoscenti.

You can see what range of watches they sell.

You can buy directly from them or buy used on watchrecon or WUS.

https://www.stowa.de

·
Moderator Emeritus
54,678 Posts
We‘ve got a Stowa forum to check Stowa out.
Price ? Not realistic. The watch new is €680, on ebay about €620.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I just purchased the waterproof 43mm Flieger Klassik Sport version directly from Stowa and it cost me $1400 including shipping. The normal 40mm flieger is $800-ish

We‘ve got a Stowa forum to check Stowa out.
Price ? Not realistic. The watch new is €680, on ebay about €620.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Took about 8-12 weeks to order one. They don't have dealers in the US, so you have to purchase used or directly from Stowa.
Great customer service BTW.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Stowa is a great company with a well built flieger and great customer service. I personally thought the 40mm Klassik may be a touch small personally, but I like closer to 42mm watches. I'm my head flieger is meant to be a bit large. It does look amazing however and quality is great.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,503 Posts
There is a Tourby Flieger for sale here on WUS. The specs look good. It’s 42mm and the seller claims it’s better than Stowa.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts