WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Stowa Flieger "Made in Germany" Special Edition with ETA 2801 hand winding movement, one of 70 offered in June 2011.

See more about this special edition Flieger here: https://www.watchuseek.com/f36/special-flieger-serie-will-launched-weekend-544004.html

I'm selling this beauty only because I was lucky enough to be able to order one of the 33 B-Dials this morning, and I marginally prefer the B dial over A. I know I'm in the minority. The A dial is simple yet perfect as well.

This is one of the 70 Special Edition Flieger with 2801 movement and "made in germany" on the dial. Regular production no-logo Fliegers don't have the country of origin printed on the dial (and uses automatic movement).

I'm the second owner, purchased from a member here who worn it only a handful of times. I've been wearing it only 2-3 times a week top as I have other watches in regular rotation. Never been dropped or banged onto anything. Extremely clean with a couple of superficial nick marks around the outer rim if you look very closely. Crystal is clean without a mark. I can comfortably say the case, dial, crystal are as clean as a used watch could ever get. The leather straps in short length (plenty long, 125 / 70mm) is in good condition but shows some wear as it is a rather vintage looking "old style with rivet" type. The watch was ordered by the original owner with this straps, never been changed after the sale as far as I know. I don't see any scratches on the lugs from changing straps.

It comes with the protect hard case, paperwork with model/birth date, pouch and outer box.

$750 shipped within CONUS. USPS MO payment only.

- - - - - - - -

US sale only please. I have traded several watches here, and have many feedback on rangefinderforum.com under same user name, dealing Leica, Zeiss and other photography gear. I also have perfect feedback record on ebay (sug0_0) as well. First "will take" at asking price with prompt payment gets the watch. Signature required for delivery.

If you can pickup the watch in person at my office in Redwood City, knock $10 off the price.

See more pictures here: https://picasaweb.google.com/106874481417259052790/Stowa2801?authkey=Gv1sRgCMXIkZ-K_uHzMQ

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Stowa Flieger "Made in Germany" Special Edition with ETA 2801

Bump.

Regular production of 2801 Flieger that's planned will be about $900 or more depends on customs and euro-usd rate, and estimated available date is the end of January 2012 if they can keep up (not even announced on the site). And even then, this is the only no-date, no-logo Flieger carrying "Made in Germany" on the dial, and with 2801 HW movement instead of today's regular automatic movement. Only 70 of them were made. (40 were sold even before going on to the web store, 30 more were made for the web store sale)

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I'm putting this beautify back on sale because I'm getting an MA coming this month, and I figured I'd keep the B-dial and the MA that are more different from each other.

I just noticed there was an ebay auction using MY IMAGES selling the same watch. (just sold for $850) The seller did not get my permission and used my photos pretending they were of his watch. Please beware.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

That was quick. The watch is sold pending local meeting tomorrow, and I have other will-takes coming in so please consider this gone. Will update the ad after the transaction is done. Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts