WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you own one of the watches with the gray, sunburst dials (known as Stowa Grey), what is your opinion of them? How are they aesthetically in person? Any issues with lots of reflections that inhibit legibility? Given a choice, would you keep that dial or go with a flat black instead?

Just curious...I'm considering the Prodiver Grey.

·
Registered
105 Posts
i have the Ikarus in grey...love it. sometimes looks a bit "salmon" in certain light
which is odd but it is so cool under a loupe. had i not had a bunch of black dials
already i may have gone black, but i'm very happy w/ my grey. fwiw.

marty IMG_4036.jpg

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have the Ikarus in grey...love it. sometimes looks a bit "salmon" in certain light
which is odd but it is so cool under a loupe. had i not had a bunch of black dials
already i may have gone black, but i'm very happy w/ my grey. fwiw.

marty
Thanks but I'm referring to the new sunburst dials that Stowa refers to as Stowa Grey, not the Ikarus dials

·
Registered
82 Posts
I believe the Grey dials are really amazing. Although I have not seen Black version in person, I believe the Grey adds that extra awe that might be missing with the Black one.
In some light conditions it looks dull grey and in darker environments it looks darker and sunburst effect is amazing. In terms of legibility, absence of anti-reflective coating can be felt, however, not a huge concern.
Hope this helps. Thanks.

Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I believe the Grey dials are really amazing. Although I have not seen Black version in person, I believe the Grey adds that extra awe that might be missing with the Black one.
In some light conditions it looks dull grey and in darker environments it looks darker and sunburst effect is amazing. In terms of legibility, absence of anti-reflective coating can be felt, however, not a huge concern.
Hope this helps. Thanks.
That's the kind of info I was looking for...thanks!

I didn't realize there was no anti-reflective coating on the crystal...is that the case for any watch with this dial?

·
Registered
82 Posts
That's the kind of info I was looking for...thanks!

I didn't realize there was no anti-reflective coating on the crystal...is that the case for any watch with this dial?
I believe none of Stowa Partitio models have AR Coating on the outside. I confirmed with Stowa and was told it has AR Coating on the inside but not outside, which seems to be a good thing as I have read in other forums that outer AR Coating can get scratched much easily.

Anyway I feel it enhances the sunburst effect. I did notice it in the first few days but eventually it is hardly noticeable.

Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just received my Flieger LE, and the sunburst grey dial is pretty awesome! Hard to capture the way it refracts in light, but here are photos I took today:

Not seeing any photos but would love to see them

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry, I guess the forum doesn't like imgur. I think I fixed it now!
Yes you did...very nice! Thank you.

I ordered the new Prodiver Grey Limited with this style of dial. I'm hoping it looks as good as yours. Kinda jealous I don't have that dial on my Stowa Flieger...it looks really cool.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I ordered the grey prodiver also but can not decide to stick or swap for the blue limited. I asked if they could send me some actual pictures of the grey as they still have a few Blue Limited's left which look great. I have been sent a photo and the bezel is not an issue as I could change it, in fact I have a spare bronze bezel but the turquoise second hand is the main issue and not sure if I like it. My dilemma is I can get the grey cheaper than the blue because of a discount but don't know what to do. Has anyone on here ordered the grey or have the blue and what are your thoughts?

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
I ordered the grey prodiver also but can not decide to stick or swap for the blue limited. I asked if they could send me some actual pictures of the grey as they still have a few Blue Limited's left which look great. I have been sent a photo and the bezel is not an issue as I could change it, in fact I have a spare bronze bezel but the turquoise second hand is the main issue and not sure if I like it. My dilemma is I can get the grey cheaper than the blue because of a discount but don't know what to do. Has anyone on here ordered the grey or have the blue and what are your thoughts?
I saw the Prodiver Grey Limited in person today at the Windup Watch Fair in NYC.

There is a great deal of "action" off the grey dial and I can't decide if I like it or not; tough call.

The turquoise accents work really well with the grey.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I saw the Prodiver Grey Limited in person today at the Windup Watch Fair in NYC.

There is a great deal of "action" off the grey dial and I can't decide if I like it or not; tough call.

The turquoise accents work really well with the grey.
I thought the same thing but am sticking with the gray Prodiver I ordered. Jorg let me take the watch outside because I was concerned with the reflectivity of the dial in the showroom that had tons of bright lights. Looked much better outside (less "action", as you put it). Also realized the polished hands had a lot to do with it too, as the gray-dialed fliegers were much easier to read. I came close to changing my order to the Seatime Black Forest LE but ultimately decided against it. While not as instantly legible as my other Stowas, the aforementioned dial and hands really make the gray Prodiver look cool.

·
Registered
211 Posts
great pictures and post, thank you. But with the Partitio grey dial, I'm wondering if there's really that much difference between the classic black. Looks like the black/gold limited is already gone. Bummer!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hi,
I think the Partito in black is a beautiful watch.
I'll never sell it.
I usually wear it only during the winter months and switch to a sportier piece in the summer.
I'm currently looking at purchasing the Grey 36 flieger or the classic 36 flieger.
Current picture of my Partito with a new strap from finstraps. IMG_3476.jpg
IMG_3473.jpg

1 - 20 of 22 Posts