WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
121 - 140 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Hello. Can someone post a picture of a stowa marine klassik 36mm roman no date handwound, on a small wrist? But please try to take a picture that is true to reality, because close up pictures from mobile phones show a watch much bigger than it really is.

So if you have 36mm handwound version and small/ thin wrist, take a picture from a little distance, and post it here :)

·
Registered
194 Posts
I could only offer a photo of the Arabic numerals version. But You can have a look at the Urban Gentry's YouTube review. No matter what you think about him, he is always a good reference for small wristed guys to check out how a watch really wears (he has 6.25 inch wrists).

·
Registered
682 Posts
I could only offer a photo of the Arabic numerals version. But You can have a look at the Urban Gentry's YouTube review. No matter what you think about him, he is always a good reference for small wristed guys to check out how a watch really wears (he has 6.25 inch wrists).

Yes I've already watched the ug video. Please post a wrist photo, but from a distance (not a close up one)

Something like this:

(this is a photo of a 40mm/13mm Orient Monarch on my skinny wrist. It even looks a bit smaller in real life)

Wrist Watch Hand Beige Fashion accessory

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Hello. Can someone post a picture of a stowa marine klassik 36mm roman no date handwound, on a small wrist? But please try to take a picture that is true to reality, because close up pictures from mobile phones show a watch much bigger than it really is.

So if you have 36mm handwound version and small/ thin wrist, take a picture from a little distance, and post it here :)
My marine 36 on my 7 inch wrist.

Sent from my rotary phone using Crapatalk

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
It's very cute no doubt, but I think I will wait for the upcoming small seconds sub dial version.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Just got an email from Stowa announcing the 36 mm Marine handwound.

It's lovely but I wonder if the stated 10.5 mm thickness is correct, since it uses the very thin ETA 7001 movement. My Antea 355 handwound is only ~ 7 mm thick, and it has that movement.
We were discussing this in the thread dedicated to the Marine 36 small seconds and we believe that the 10.5mm thickness is correct. In addition to the Stowa website, the Marine 36 Seoul edition was already being made (same watch, slightly different dial) and is also listed in multiple places as 10.5mm (EDIT: As mentioned below, it has since been confirmed that the height is 8.1mm). Seems like they could have gone a lot thinner since the flieger 36 is under 10mm with the 2804 (thicker movement).

For me this wasn’t a big concern (I have already ordered the watch). I’ll be sure to put up a bunch of photos that give some perspective on thickness since a few people seem to be curious about that part of the watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
59 Posts
The Stowa site is now displaying a case height of 8.1mm for the Marine Classic 36 Hand Wound! I was already completely committed to ordering this watch, and this makes it even more desirable. If it is truly under 10mm, what an amazing watch indeed! I wonder if that is height of case without crystal? Update[Contacted Stowa and they informed me that height of 8.1 includes the crystal!]

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
As expected, it's a new case. Excellent news. That height is likely the final nail in the coffin that carries my wallet.

Reactions: MrBradly

·
Registered
854 Posts
This is awesome. I already ordered the watch and I was fine with it being 10.5mm but this is a welcome surprise!

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
This is awesome. I already ordered the watch and I was fine with it being 10.5mm but this is a welcome surprise!
Eagerly waiting for your photos. I can't purchase my own until at least February so I'll have to keep myself to drooling over the screen

Reactions: Mike2

·
Registered
127 Posts
The Stowa site is now displaying a case height of 8.1mm for the Marine Classic 36 Hand Wound! I was already completely committed to ordering this watch, and this makes it even more desirable. If it is truly under 10mm, what an amazing watch indeed! I wonder if that is height of case without crystal? Update[Contacted Stowa and they informed me that height of 8.1 includes the crystal!]
This is even better news @ 8.1mm vs 10.5mm. Waiting to see pics of the watch on wrist before I pull the trigger on the small seconds.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Could someone post wrist shots once they receive the watch? I’m not sure if it’s too small for my wrist. Thanks.

121 - 140 of 173 Posts