WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
141 - 160 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Could someone post wrist shots once they receive the watch? I’m not sure if it’s too small for my wrist. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dimensions will be the same as the original marine 36 (except for height, obviously). Here is mine on my 7inch wrist.

Sent from my rotary phone using Crapatalk

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Dimensions will be the same as the original marine 36 (except for height, obviously). Here is mine on my 7inch wrist.

Nice.

Looks like it wears bigger. Am I correct?

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
I just tried on my kid's 36mm timex and its pretty small on my wrist. having second thoughts on the watch now. too bad, it looks great and not overwhelming like the 41mm MO.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
I just tried on my kid's 36mm timex and its pretty small on my wrist. having second thoughts on the watch now. too bad, it looks great and not overwhelming like the 41mm MO.
What is the lug to lug of that timex? The 36mm marine is 44.6mm lug to lug, and works well for my 7 inch wrist.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
What is the lug to lug of that timex? The 36mm marine is 44.6mm lug to lug, and works well for my 7 inch wrist.

I didn’t measure but the dial face looked tiny on my wrist.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Thanks for posting pics! I have yet to get my email from Fedex after ordering on the 8th and after seeing this I’m really eager to receive it!

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
It's so thin, I love it! The more I look at it the more I'm sure this will be my next watch

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
505 Posts
Does anyone know if the Marine 36 hand wound has a top grade version available? I picked one up off of eBay that was advertised as having a top grade 2804 but I feel that may have been a bit of an exaggeration.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Does anyone know if the Marine 36 hand wound has a top grade version available? I picked one up off of eBay that was advertised as having a top grade 2804 but I feel that may have been a bit of an exaggeration.
The ETA/Peseux 7001 in the small seconds model is top grade.
The ETA 2804 from Stowa is an Elabore grade that has it's shock protection upgraded from Etachocs to Incabloc and there is extra decoration on the movement. Their website specifies that this "upgraded Elabore" is the one grade they offer for the 2804 currently. I remember someone mentioning that higher grades of 2804 are no longer in production.

From Stowa's website:

ETA 2804-2
ELABORE version

- rhodium coated movement, Cotes de Genève stripes

- golden STOWA logo on movementbridge

- Incabloc
- min. 42 hrs power reserve

- 28 800 half vibrations per hour (4 HZ)

- Regulation from 0 up to plus 10 sec. divergence per day
(please keep in mind that during the "aging process" of the clock movement the bearing oil can become stiff, and your watch slower. If this circumstance disturbs you or the watch looses time a service of the clock movement will be necessary.
Our recommendation is every 4-5 years but it is also possible that your watch is working correctly for 6, 7 or even more years).

- barrel spring Nivaflex NO

- hair spring Nivarox 2

- gold-plated Nickel balance wheel

- max. amplitude 320 degrees

- min. amplitude 200 degrees

- max. adjusting mark of dial on top 0.8 ms

- 17 pallets of synthetic rubin

- date function (if your watch has no date function/window we will deactivate the date function and the crown will have only two instead of three positions)

·
Registered
505 Posts
The ETA/Peseux 7001 in the small seconds model is top grade.
The ETA 2804 from Stowa is an Elabore grade that has it's shock protection upgraded from Etachocs to Incabloc and there is extra decoration on the movement. Their website specifies that this "upgraded Elabore" is the one grade they offer for the 2804 currently. I remember someone mentioning that higher grades of 2804 are no longer in production.

From Stowa's website:

ETA 2804-2
ELABORE version

- rhodium coated movement, Cotes de Genève stripes

- golden STOWA logo on movementbridge

- Incabloc
- min. 42 hrs power reserve

- 28 800 half vibrations per hour (4 HZ)

- Regulation from 0 up to plus 10 sec. divergence per day
(please keep in mind that during the "aging process" of the clock movement the bearing oil can become stiff, and your watch slower. If this circumstance disturbs you or the watch looses time a service of the clock movement will be necessary.
Our recommendation is every 4-5 years but it is also possible that your watch is working correctly for 6, 7 or even more years).

- barrel spring Nivaflex NO

- hair spring Nivarox 2

- gold-plated Nickel balance wheel

- max. amplitude 320 degrees

- min. amplitude 200 degrees

- max. adjusting mark of dial on top 0.8 ms

- 17 pallets of synthetic rubin

- date function (if your watch has no date function/window we will deactivate the date function and the crown will have only two instead of three positions)
Thanks for this. This is what I had thought but I know sometimes things can change with available supply. Might as well post a wrist shot while I'm at it .

141 - 160 of 173 Posts