WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
161 - 173 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Anyone who's bought a marine lately (US), what is a ballpark figure for shipping and duty?
The shipping you can get from Stowa's website by adding the watch to your cart and going to the checkout screen. For duties AFAIK anything under $800 is duty free but I'm not sure about over $800.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Anyone who's bought a marine lately (US), what is a ballpark figure for shipping and duty?
Shipping to US for mine was 39 EUR ($42 as of today). As the value of the watch is right around $800 (referencing aardvark's comment above), the duties situation is a little foggy. FedEx didn't charge me anything extra when I picked it up and I'm not in a hurry to inquire further. My understanding was that the duty cost could be around $120-$160 (I called FedEx and got a rough number a while ago), but it appears that this watch snuck in under the value cut-off.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
yup, i got a fedex bill for $0 a few weeks after my antea ks arrived. did not want to inquire further :D

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Yeah, I think something like a polonaise mesh would look good

·
Registered
505 Posts
Milanese mesh bracelets. I cant imagine anything else working, possibly a beads of rice perhaps?

Sent from my rotary phone using Crapatalk
Beads of rice sounds awesome but in my head it doesn't seem to go together. A polished milanese sounds like it would fit the bill. Any recommendations for good brands? I've read that Watchgecko makes some good stuff.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Beads of rice sounds awesome but in my head it doesn't seem to go together. A polished milanese sounds like it would fit the bill. Any recommendations for good brands? I've read that Watchgecko makes some good stuff.
I have one from watchgecko, which seems quite nice to me. Dont have others to directly compare it to though.

Sent from my rotary phone using Crapatalk

·
Registered
256 Posts
That's one complaint about the Stowa Flieger that I've never heard. I'm not sure how you could make the minute and second hand any longer than they already are. And make the hour hand longer and you would make it even more difficult to distinguish the hour from the minute hands.
He said bigger not longer!

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
The shape of the Intra Matic case, along with the domed sunburst silver dial and the domed crystal are absolute perfection. That was my choice and I’m very happy about it.

161 - 173 of 173 Posts