WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
nicely done!
I always admire how Stowa finishes their top grade movements. It is really a value gem.
Yes, and I think the Silver dial has slightly better looking movement as they have special finished wheels as shown.
And photos don't do justice at all. The watch looks beautiful in person. :)

Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk

Discussion starter · #22 ·
Very true. I think the history of this watch plays a huge role in the cult following it has. I too loved the size and proportion of Partitio but had to return it due to some issues. With this Stowa Marine 41, no issues at all. Everything is just so perfect. I too got glued to this due to it's movement and I am actually considering selling other watches in my collection as I don't see not wearing this.
I just love how wonderful it feels to wind the watch daily before I go to bed. I do it in the evening as it is ready when I am up in the morning and don't have to worry about it and also I find winding the watch makes me feel more relaxed.
I suggest wear a bigger watch such as a G Shock or any 44mm watch for a month and when you switch back to MO it will seem much better. And definitely try playing with different straps. Sometimes they help in making the watch look smaller or bigger. I am currently wearing it on full black thin strap that doesn't taper and seems to have made the watch appear smaller than before. Definitely give it a try!
Again thanks for sharing. :)

I have a Marine Original as well as a black dial Partitio, and consider both to be truly beautiful for their perfectly simple dial executions. Although my wrist size can carry either watch equally well, I prefer the size of the Partitio, and have often toyed with the idea of selling the Marine Original and getting one of the smaller Stowa marine watch offerings such as the Marine 36. So, what has stopped me each and every time? Frankly; it's the 6498 movement. The mechanical engagement when I wind it, is to me, so viscerally satisfying with just the right blend of smoothness and raw feel, it's actually the movement I can't part with. Every time I admire the wonderfully to-the-point dial and wish the watch was just a few millimeters smaller in each dimension, I remind myself that anything smaller would not house that classic stopwatch movement. For me, the stopwatch movement is what links the Marine wristwatch to the history of deck watches, so, I have learned to appreciate the entire package for everything it represents. And, let's not even get into how nicely decorated it is.
Also, it might be worth checking Tourby Watches. They have few Unitas 6498 based movement in their collection such as, Marine Arabic 40 and Enamel 40.
https://www.tourbywatches.com/watches/marine-arabic-40/

However, those are about 40.5mm watches and you might find something that interests you.

Overall, I prefer Stowa in general for their history and "value for money" factor. Hope this helps. So, haven't tried other brands but definitely worth a look. Thanks.

Discussion starter · #25 ·
nicely done!
I always admire how Stowa finishes their top grade movements. It is really a value gem.
Yes, indeed. Their finishes are top notch and really pleasing especially, their hand wind Unitas movements and any top grade movements. They definitely are worth more than what we pay for them, given the history of this company, which makes these watches even more special. Thanks.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.