WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Stowa Marine 41mm - White Dial

3K views 24 replies 8 participants last post by  varunmk123 
#1 ·
Hello Watch Lovers,

I just wanted to share few photos of this amazing timepiece. This is a beautiful classy timepiece that exudes quality and value for money. Just wanted to share some pics highlighting the glossy white dial and blued hands and wondered Unitas 6498 movement.

I have been observing the accuracy closely and has been fantastic so far, gaining about 6-10 seconds per day. I try to wind the watch every night around the same time, and it seems to be quite accurate. I have tried to adjust the accuracy by adjusting the seconds hand using back-hacking technique, which seems to work perfectly well. The easiest and safest alternative is to reduce the time by a minute every week.

I am very happy with this watch and is my daily wearer and has replaced other divers that I usually prefer.

Please share your opinions and experience with this timepiece or Unitas 6498 movement or Stowa in general.

Hope you like the pictures. :)

Thanks All!

Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk

See less See more
#8 · (Edited)
Please share your opinions and experience with this timepiece or Unitas 6498 movement or Stowa in general.
My MO was my first German watch and my first manual watch. I love the clear, no-nonsense dial and those lovely blue hands whose shimmering blue flashes are almost a special occasion as if catching a glimpse of a firefly or a shooting star.

Even now, seven year after first buying it, I still find myself gazing at it.

It remains a favorite in my rotation even though some of my other watches might cost more.

It also opened the trap door to the world of hand crankers :)

#11 ·
My MO was my first German watch and my first manual watch. I love the clear, no-nonsense dial and those lovely blue hands whose shimmering blue flashes are almost a special occasion as if catching a glimpse of a firefly or a shooting star.

Even now, seven year after first buying it, I still find myself gazing at it.

It remains a favorite in my rotation even though some of my other watches might cost more.

It also opened the trap door to the world of hand crankers :)

View attachment 15211807
Same here! Stowa is my first German Watch. Actually I got a Partitio Grey. It was automatic version and I really liked it but it had some issues and so I had to return it.
Later came across this model and learnt about Unitas, so wanted to give it a try. I am really pleased I did. Like you said blued hands are perfect and so attractive I keep looking at it.
I actually prefer watches to have at least date window but thought about be ok as we all have mobile phones to give us that information. So, was ok to manage without a date window as I was fascinated by Unitas movement. Actually it is very nice as it is clean and I can know the time in just a quick glance.
And I really enjoy the loud ticking sound of the movement, feels like the watch is communicating! Overall, I have a greater connection with the watch and really enjoy it.
Thanks for sharing. :)

#12 · (Edited)
They are equally attractive from the backside with the huge display back and nicely decorated movement...

The Partitio is also a limited edition with the stars and strips movement, only thing I wish it had that was offered until later was the red seconds hand, maybe if I have it serviced i'll ask them if they can add one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#13 ·
They are equally attractive from the backside with the huge display back and nicely decorated movement...

The Partitio is also a limited edition with the stars and strips movement, only thing I wish it had that was offered until later was the red seconds hand, maybe if it serviced i'll ask them if they can add one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, they are really well finished movements. And good thing about having Stowa is servicing can be done locally as they are based on ETA or Unitas.
And when I was looking for Partitio, I had to choose between the one with black dial with red second hand or Grey. Though I was inclined with black dials as they were available in hand winding version, I went with Grey dial as their website had some issues and I wasn't able to select hand wind version. So, thought would give the grey dial a try instead as it was limited edition.
The black one with red seconds hand won an award as well!

#14 ·
I have an MO but it is not keeping good time, it is 7 years old and has never been serviced. I guess its about that time (no pun intended). I also have a MA Roman that I rarely wear, I guess I am not a polished case/ white dial guy.

The first photo is on the marine watches (pardon the dust). The second photo is the MO movement (a beauty). The second photo is of a Stowa FOLE movement which is a Unitas 6497 with center seconds modification by Stowa.

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

#17 ·
I have an MO but it is not keeping good time, it is 7 years old and has never been serviced. I guess its about that time (no pun intended). I also have a MA Roman that I rarely wear, I guess I am not a polished case/ white dial guy.

The first photo is on the marine watches (pardon the dust). The second photo is the MO movement (a beauty). The second photo is of a Stowa FOLE movement which is a Unitas 6497 with center seconds modification by Stowa.

View attachment 15219591

View attachment 15219599

View attachment 15219603
Thanks for sharing. I think servicing should fix the accuracy issues.

How is the accuracy of MA? And how old is that? Thanks.

#18 · (Edited)
I have a Marine Original as well as a black dial Partitio, and consider both to be truly beautiful for their perfectly simple dial executions. Although my wrist size can carry either watch equally well, I prefer the size of the Partitio, and have often toyed with the idea of selling the Marine Original and getting one of the smaller Stowa marine watch offerings such as the Marine 36. So, what has stopped me each and every time? Frankly; it's the 6498 movement. The mechanical engagement when I wind it, is to me, so viscerally satisfying with just the right blend of smoothness and raw feel, it's actually the movement I can't part with. Every time I admire the wonderfully to-the-point dial and wish the watch was just a few millimeters smaller in each dimension, I remind myself that anything smaller would not house that classic stopwatch movement. For me, the stopwatch movement is what links the Marine wristwatch to the history of deck watches, so, I have learned to appreciate the entire package for everything it represents. And, let's not even get into how nicely decorated it is.

#20 ·
Very true. I think the history of this watch plays a huge role in the cult following it has. I too loved the size and proportion of Partitio but had to return it due to some issues. With this Stowa Marine 41, no issues at all. Everything is just so perfect. I too got glued to this due to it's movement and I am actually considering selling other watches in my collection as I don't see not wearing this.
I just love how wonderful it feels to wind the watch daily before I go to bed. I do it in the evening as it is ready when I am up in the morning and don't have to worry about it and also I find winding the watch makes me feel more relaxed.
I suggest wear a bigger watch such as a G Shock or any 44mm watch for a month and when you switch back to MO it will seem much better. And definitely try playing with different straps. Sometimes they help in making the watch look smaller or bigger. I am currently wearing it on full black thin strap that doesn't taper and seems to have made the watch appear smaller than before. Definitely give it a try!
Again thanks for sharing. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.