WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Stowa Marine Automatic : too big?

3K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  StufflerMike 
#1 ·
Hey everyone!
I've been a long time lurker of WUS (especially the Stowa forum) and this is my first post (not so interesting to be honest).
Here's my problem: I'm a happy owner of a Stowa Antea KS (old logo) and I decided last month to indulge myself by buying a Stowa Marine Automatic just before its price increase.
I received the watch last week and I can say that it truly is a beauty (even though it's got the new logo which I think is not so disturbing when you see it "in the flesh" if one can say).
So now, you probably think "Why does he bother us with a new topic if everything is ok?". The thing is I have pretty small wrists (hardly 6 inches for the left one) and I'd like to have your opinion about the size of the watch on my wrist via the wrist shot below (sorry for the poor quality). So what do you think? I personally don't know what to think about it and I consider trading it for a Partitio which might fit my wrist better. That really breaks my heart though. So please give me your opinion, I'm all ears. Thank you.

Watch Analog watch Wrist Watch accessory Fashion accessory

See less See more
#6 ·
Looks decent. How does it feel?

I'm considering purchasing this watch too. I know what it will feel like essentially as I have the flieger. Personally, 40 mm is definitely at the upper comfort limits in diameter for my 6.6" wrists.

#9 ·
It really all comes down to personal taste. Don't let us tell you what to do. Some people like watches that, to me, seem to dwarf their wrists or look like cans of tuna fish attached to a strap, while others have a different sense of proportion. I used to wear a smaller watch but now wear an MA on my 6.5" wrist. I think it looks just fine and in fact my former watch now looks almost tiny. In other words, you may get used to the size of the MA even if you wonder if it's too large for you now. Personally, I think you're near the edge but not over it (in that photo--it may look different in person--and it really helps that the MA does not have a thick case). But no matter what "we" think, you have to be happy with how it looks or wearing it makes no sense. Of course, Partitios look great too....

#11 ·
Hey everybody.
Thank you for your replies and opinions.
As Saxon007 noticed, the lugs are not overhanging though there's no much room left on my wrist. What keeps annoying is that the watch band is kinda loose though I ordered a small sized one and I make it as tight as possible. The solution might be to wear it on my right wrist which is at least 0,4 inch bigger B-)
Anyway as I previoulsy said, the watch is truly a beauty and I won't prevent anyone interested in buying it from doing so. The white dial looks gorgeously like porcelain and its simplicity really is its strong point. Might have been a little bit better with the old logo and an onion crown but whatever, you can't go wrong with a Marine Automatic for a (relatively) cheap price and an awesome value for money.
SFSteve: I think you're completely right with everything you say. I think as you say that I'm near the edge, that's why I asked you all about your opinion. Thanks for sharing :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.