WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
I'm so torn on the sizing! I have a 6.5" wrist that is quite flat about 50-51mm across. I had my heart settled on a 36mm but a L2L of 45mm feels small (i have an Archimede watch that is L2L of 44mm, 40mm case diam and it feels small on my wrist). so then i thought maybe the 40mm marine classic is better with an L2L of 48mm. but then it's a slippery slope because i'm like maybe i can try to make the Marine original with its gorgeous unitas movement work. but that's an L2L of 50mm so that's pushing it. Argh!

Reactions: singularityseven

·
Registered
887 Posts
Thanks S7 for the straightforward review love it! Great pic shots BTW!

I love the MO36. Could have bought this if it was already available before I purchased my Flieger A classic. Well, I’ve been contemplating to flip the said watch and make a run at the MO36.

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Nice review, thank you for the write-up.
Thank you for reading!

Excellent video and photos! Seriously, the watch companies should hire you for their marketing team. They usually have so few photos and so few close-up ones to highlight their products.
Well it sucks that you were banned, because those were very kind words. Thanks!

I'm so torn on the sizing! I have a 6.5" wrist that is quite flat about 50-51mm across. I had my heart settled on a 36mm but a L2L of 45mm feels small (i have an Archimede watch that is L2L of 44mm, 40mm case diam and it feels small on my wrist). so then i thought maybe the 40mm marine classic is better with an L2L of 48mm. but then it's a slippery slope because i'm like maybe i can try to make the Marine original with its gorgeous unitas movement work. but that's an L2L of 50mm so that's pushing it. Argh!
The 36mm will wear like a small-ish dress watch on your 6.5" wrist. And given the 50mm lug-to-lug on the larger ones, that might wear a bit too big. So for us under 6.5", I think the 36mm is the best option given the design. A 38mm with a Unitas would be the perfect watch for me, but given the size of the Unitas movement, that would be impossible without some serious in-house movement modification.

Thanks S7 for the straightforward review love it! Great pic shots BTW!

I love the MO36. Could have bought this if it was already available before I purchased my Flieger A classic. Well, I’ve been contemplating to flip the said watch and make a run at the MO36.
Thanks for the kind words. The Flieger A is a beauty, so don't flip that if you don't have to :D You can always have 2 Stowas!

·
Registered
66 Posts
For some reason the close-up photos look a lot nicer than the actual watch, not that the actual watch is not pretty, but not as pretty as the photo.

·
Registered
168 Posts
A 36 watch with a large plain white dial won't look too small on a 6.5 inch wrist. In case of any doubt, take the central second version of it.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Just curious what are people's thoughts: Is a small seconds more truer to the spirit of the marine chronometer watch than central seconds? Just asking because Stowa has this 36 handwinder (small seconds) which is the subject of this review but they also have the regular marine 36 (central seconds) that you can upgrade to handwound (eta 2804)? i can't decide which one would be nicer.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Just curious what are people's thoughts: Is a small seconds more truer to the spirit of the marine chronometer watch than central seconds? Just asking because Stowa has this 36 handwinder (small seconds) which is the subject of this review but they also have the regular marine 36 (central seconds) that you can upgrade to handwound (eta 2804)? i can't decide which one would be nicer.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Difficult question! On one hand, the KS is closer to the historic original, which also had small seconds. On the other hand, the 36 JS dial looks a bit too crowded with the small seconds sub dial, while the historic original had a large white dial for legibility.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Difficult question! On one hand, the KS is closer to the historic original, which also had small seconds. On the other hand, the 36 JS dial looks a bit too crowded with the small seconds sub dial, while the historic original had a large white dial for legibility.
yeah speaking of proportions , I wish I could wear the marine original which seems better proportioned but I fear the 50mm lug to lug and 22mm wide strap will be too big for my 6.5” wrist. 50mm is the width of my wrist

·
Registered
461 Posts
yeah speaking of proportions , I wish I could wear the marine original which seems better proportioned but I fear the 50mm lug to lug and 22mm wide strap will be too big for my 6.5” wrist. 50mm is the width of my wrist
To my eyes the Small Seconds subdial is much better positioned on the 36 mm than on the MO, where it sits too low and awkwardly close to the bezel. But that’s probably subjective.

·
Registered
168 Posts
My wrists are the same size as yours and I'm happy with the Marine 36. If it looks a bit on the smaller side, You can complement it with a nice strap.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Just out of impatient curiosity, does anyone know what the current lead-times are for this model? I know the website states 3 weeks, but I have no experience with how accurate those numbers are.

I can't wait to get this gem.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I have the same size wrist as you. As I mentioned previously, I own the Antea KS and it fits me perfectly. If I was trying to decide between the MO and the MC36, I would not hesitate to go with the MC36. I also have a Dan Henry 1939, which has a L2L length of 49.2. It absolutely maxs out the width of my wrist and I personally would not go any wider.

I hope that helps with your decision.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just out of impatient curiosity, does anyone know what the current lead-times are for this model? I know the website states 3 weeks, but I have no experience with how accurate those numbers are.

I can't wait to get this gem.
When I ordered in September to Midwest USA the 2-3 week estimate was accurate. I think it was 11 days or so.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts