WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
I'm not sure about the 41mm, but they do make considerations for some cases and not others according to this post: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f36/soon-available-marine-36-small-second-5050139-5.html#post50232761
That was my comment. Looks like they changed their mind and now offer it with a brushed case for the 36SS (according to jmariorebelo below). I had ordered the watch upon that model’s release. I’m guessing a bunch of people had made that request. I would have taken it brushed and the pictures here look amazing, but for this watch I feel the polish fits it well (as a guy who typically wants everything brushed).

For my collection of Seiko divers, a square G-Shock, and hopefully a Sinn 356 later this year, this little guy rounds everything out nicely :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
505 Posts
That was my comment. Looks like they changed their mind and now offer it with a brushed case for the 36SS (according to jmariorebelo below). I had ordered the watch upon that model’s release. I’m guessing a bunch of people had made that request. I would have taken it brushed and the pictures here look amazing, but for this watch I feel the polish fits it well (as a guy who typically wants everything brushed).

For my collection of Seiko divers, a square G-Shock, and hopefully a Sinn 356 later this year, this little guy rounds everything out nicely :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That makes sense. I'm looking at getting the 36mm as my first 'dressy' watch, so a polished case is most suitable even though most of my daily watches are brushed. That's a beautiful watch, btw.

·
Registered
497 Posts
That makes sense. I'm looking at getting the 36mm as my first 'dressy' watch, so a polished case is most suitable even though most of my daily watches are brushed. That's a beautiful watch, btw.
Thanks for the kind words. I feel like the arabic numerals on this model allow for either finish to work well. This numeral choice prevents the watch from being too dressy, which suits me better.

·
Premium Member
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Here's my 40mm, not the same as the watch you're considering, but brushed with an onion crown. I also like to dress it down and settled on the green suede strap from watchgecko
Looks great on that green suede!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Here is a pic of my polished finish Marine 41mm. One advantage I see is that scratches are hardly noticeable with this finish. Based on posts from forums, I understand that Matte finishes are more resistant to scratches compared to polished ones but they show the scratches more prominently.
I haven't personally seen Matte finish one, but I find polished finish to be more versatile for daily use, both for formal and casual occasions. Hope this helps. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Here is a pic of my polished finish Marine 41mm. One advantage I see is that scratches are hardly noticeable with this finish. Based on posts from forums, I understand that Matte finishes are more resistant to scratches compared to polished ones but they show the scratches more prominently.
I haven't personally seen Matte finish one, but I find polished finish to be more versatile for daily use, both for formal and casual occasions. Hope this helps. Thanks.
Both matte and polished are equally resistant, matte cases make small scratches from everyday wear leas noticeable.

Sent from my rotary phone using Crapatalk

·
Registered
73 Posts
Both matte and polished are equally resistant, matte cases make small scratches from everyday wear leas noticeable.

Sent from my rotary phone using Crapatalk
Nice to know, I too preferred Matte initially but ended up getting polished one, which I really like as well. Thanks!

Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk

21 - 31 of 31 Posts