WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Moderator at Large
52,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
8F2CB58A-0E8A-455B-8934-7811B57EFBF3.jpeg

After the successful launch of the STOWA Flieger Klassik Bronze (FliegerFriday, click here) last year, Stowa now offers an unlimited Flieger, the Flieger Klassik 40 Bronze with the new STOWA vintage look.
Hands and numerlas are coated with luminous compound in a color that skilfully support this vintage style.

Available with ETA 2824-2 and 2804-2 (for additional €20).

94E43ABC-48DD-4A14-A3B9-D7A7958B8012.jpeg

The watch can now be ordered vis the STOWA online shop. The 2804-2 version is fitted with a display back. The automatic version can be ordered with either a stainless steel back or bronze case back.

In a few days Stowa will have a first small number of the Flieger Klassik Bronze available.

Make your choice.

87AB315B-0BD2-48E5-B635-BE75AB9A8277.jpeg

For more specs and prices see [email protected].

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Visually I think it looks great, but a bit dubious about bronze watches.

Info is a little lacking on the Stowa web site, what type of bronze alloy is it and is it treated with any finishes to prevent oxidisation etc?

·
Moderator at Large
52,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Info is a little lacking on the Stowa web site, what type of bronze alloy is it and is it treated with any finishes to prevent oxidisation etc?
From a former post:

Joerg wished for a bronze case which has a worn-in look (not too dark brown, or polished bronze) but does not oxidize any further. After the treatment applied by Stowa, it turned out to be a perfect warm brushed bronze with a slightly dark hue. Being a warm dark bronze, the case could be used in several combinations of dials, hands, and straps.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Lovely, especially with that bronze case back.
I've heard bronze doesn't work well with the skin which is why you rarely see bronze case backs and almost never see bronze bracelets.

I'm assuming there is some type of coating or treatment on the Stowa bronze to mitigate this. Mike's post above would seem to imply this.

·
Watchuseek Journalist
1,754 Posts
I've heard bronze doesn't work well with the skin which is why you rarely see bronze case backs and almost never see bronze bracelets.

I'm assuming there is some type of coating or treatment on the Stowa bronze to mitigate this. Mike's post above would seem to imply this.
Yes, it is treated to be safe and not oxidize.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Watchuseek Journalist
1,754 Posts

Joerg’s idea was to have the bronze with a worn-in appearance. It is treated with special coating to not oxidize any further. IMHO it has tuned out perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
I wish the hand-wound version also had the bronze case back. I'm not sure why they did it on the automatic model but not the manual wound version.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts