WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I reached to to STOWA yesterday via email and got this reply. Thought I’d share in case any other Canadians are looking to get a STOWA watch at the moment.

“Thank you for contacting us and your interest in our STOWA - watches.

Kindly be informed that the shipping cost include shipping, packaging and insurance.
Duties, taxes, customs and other fees variate in each country. They have to be paid by each recipient and will be charged directly by FedEx.

With a surcharge of 18,- EUR, we can send out your parcel with DHL instead.

But due to the Corona virus, DHL does not make any shipping to the US or Canada at the moment.
Of course, we can wait until DHL ships again.

In case of service repairs, we would like to ask you to get in touch with your customs directly.
The customs tariff numbers for our watches are
9102 2100 (watches with automatic movements)
9102 2900 (watches with hand winding movements)

Until today, we have experienced no negative feedback from our customers in Canada.

For any further questions or information please do not hesitate to contact us again.

With best regards from the Black Forest,

Martin”

I researched FedEx and for a $1500 CAD item being imported, they charge $70 brokerage fees on top of the GST/HST and Excise tax you will already be paying (5% GST and 5% Excise tax would be about $150 for me in Alberta). If Stowa ships it via DHL, Canada Post would deliver it and they would charge only $10-$20 as a handling fee.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Guys how are you saying DHL has no duties they always hammer me the hardest here in Toronto! strange! Im guessing a Stowa at 1500 CAD will be + 150-200 at the door with DHL.

I just got a watch case from Tiawan for skx 90bucks. DHL charged me 22 cad for it on top in duties.
DHL is the German Post and I believe separate from the DHL courier. When the watch comes into Canada it’s handed over to Canada Post for delivery. DHL isn’t involved in Canada. Someone please correct me if I’m mistaken.

·
Moderator at Large
52,758 Posts
It‘s all Deutsche Post DHL Group, all under one cap

Post und Paket Deutschland
Express
Global forwarding, Freight
Supply Chain
DHL e-commerce solutions

47294983-68F3-4BAD-81D2-E29EF9F2087D.jpeg
Pic©Deutsche Post DHL Group

Parcels of private customers are handed over to Canada Post Corporation for delivery. Parcels of business partners are completely in hands of DHL, DHL Paket International (DPI). That‘s my understanding from what I read.

·
Banned
10 Posts
Yea I'm in the same boat. I'm in Toronto and I want to purchase from stowa soon, but I'm just unsure about the total added costs.... Its 13% + 5% for duty and tax, and if I go with FedEx there are brokerage costs as well? Can someone confirm this? So I'm looking at over 18% on top of the cost plus shipping? Does DHL not have a brokerage charge?

·
Moderator at Large
52,758 Posts
Yea I'm in the same boat. I'm in Toronto and I want to purchase from stowa soon, but I'm just unsure about the total added costs.... Its 13% + 5% for duty and tax, and if I go with FedEx there are brokerage costs as well? Can someone confirm this? So I'm looking at over 18% on top of the cost plus shipping? Does DHL not have a brokerage charge?
I do not get your question, you posted this two hours ago ?

My MO arrived today (Friday the 24th) at my unit in Toronto. It was sent on Friday the 17th using DHL. No additional payment required.
When ordering I requested that the watch be sent using DHL, which was no proble

21 - 27 of 27 Posts