WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, crew, I am hoping the experts here can help me with something.

I have this White Handwind Partitio from 2015 and I noticed a gap between the bezel and the mid case between the crown and the 2 o’clock lug. See the first couple of pics I attached.

I don’t see this gap anywhere else between the bezel and the mid case, per the rest of the pics.

Is that supposed to be there? Is it an access point for a watchmaker’s knife for getting the bezel off? Or is it some weird random defect I have inherited?

I appreciate the insight. Cheers!

·
Premium Member
3,431 Posts
Reactions: Control187

·
Registered
31,320 Posts
Glad that was an easy fix......

Enjoy your very nice watch.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A pin would be cool, or FAQ pinned post... I tried the forum search and, be it user error or otherwise on mobile, I didn’t get solid results.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
I dont think this is correct- sure it should be at the six o'clock position.

Have you had it since new? Could well be a watchmaker has removed and not replaced correctly.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I dont think this is correct- sure it should be at the six o'clock position.

Have you had it since new? Could well be a watchmaker has removed and not replaced correctly.
I have not had it since new, and the previous owner noted a service when I bought it, which is why I immediately thought "damage" or at least an incorrect position after replacement. Bought honestly that watchmaker should have gone in the back... it has screws for Pete's sake.

Any thoughts on best approach? I could ask the seller to take it back.... I could ask a watchmaker near me to correct it.... I could leave it as-is if it's an aesthetic issue only and doesn't impact structure or water-fastness in any way.

Cheers!

·
Registered
892 Posts
That does not look ok at all. I have never seen a watch have a bezel have an access point. It looks like someone tried to remove the bezel and messed up. Anyone who has this watch should post pics. If they all have that gap I will happily stand corrected.
You should immediately return it.

·
Registered
127 Posts
"
Dear mcfr,

Thank you for your post.

Please note, that the "gap" at the 6 o´clock position in the case is on each and every case of our watches. (besides the Marine Original) This "gap" has following technical background:

Its function is to open the case (for cleaning the movement or for repair) easily for the watchmaker without making scratches to the case surface.

We can guarantee, that this "gap" is only a technical purpose and not a production error or a defect.

Best Regards

Jörg Schauer"

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Yes, you are right tomek and no it is not the gap between case and back but between bezel and case.
I just looked at both my Partitio watches (black face and creme face) and there isn't a gap to be seen between bezel and case.
I consider your gap to be a result of an unsuccessful attempt to lift the bezel off the case,

Volker

·
Registered
37 Posts
I also have two Partitios. I just checked both before replying to this post and none exhibit a similar gap shown in your pictures. The gap between the bezel and mid case, as you describe it, is tight and uniform around the entire circumference of both Partitios.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I also have two Partitios. I just checked both before replying to this post and none exhibit a similar gap shown in your pictures. The gap between the bezel and mid case, as you describe it, is tight and uniform around the entire circumference of both Partitios.
Pictures:

Attachments

·
Registered
127 Posts
All of my Stowas have this gap (incl. exima - case similiar to patritio) - six o'clock position.
My Quote was about the gap between bezel and case :
EDIT
it's hard to see and even harder to take a picture
View attachment 15543353
20201111_122852.jpg

·
Registered
37 Posts
All of my Stowas have this gap (incl. exima - case similiar to patritio) - six o'clock position.
My Quote was about the gap between bezel and case :
EDIT
it's hard to see and even harder to take a picture
View attachment 15543353 View attachment 15543361
I have the same gap on my Stowa Flieger but nothing similar on my Partitios. Unless the gap on the Flieger is more visible and easily seen with the naked eye. My gap on the Flieger is at 6 O'Clock. I see nothing similar to that on my Partitios and certainly not to the extent shown by the originator of this thread.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts