WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I know this thread is for Prodiver pics, however unfortunately I don't have any ... yet. Hopefully this will soon change, and a Prodiver will join my Antea KS and Flieger Klassik.

I am looking for a diving watch to actually dive with (I'm a PADI DM), often in the murky lakes in Germany, and sometimes in the clear blue sea on holidays. I will of course continue to wear my Suunto computer for all the vital readings, so the Prodiver will be backup underwater, and well, for telling the time when on the boat or beach.

I love the solid Prodiver construction, although fear it may wear rather large on my 7" wrist, but reckon as a divers watch being used for diving, it will be fine.

My question is about the dial. I am very much drawn to the Limette, however have not seen any underwater photos of this dial from an actual scuba dive. Has anybody got any such photos, or even experience of how this looks when actually diving (i.e. is it still clear to read at depth). Also, is the bracelet easy to adjust to wear over the wetsuit, and back again after a dive?

Apologies for my rambling, and I hope this doesn't break any rules (i.e. asking questions in a pic thread). Thanks a lot

·
Registered
940 Posts
I just received my Stowa Prodiver blue. I can't comment on how the limette will look underwater (the visibility of the blue is awesome though), but I can comment on the size. I have 6.75" wrists and it fits just fine, even on the bracelet. It's a big watch, no question, but it's plenty comfortable and looks good on my wrist, not over-sized. The bracelet has a standard divers extension. I had been looking at the Prodiver for years and I'm very glad I finally bought one. If the aesthetics appeal to you, there's really nothing else out there like it.

Attachments

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for replying with your dimensions - it looks great on your wrist, and that helps me a lot. The aesthetics are fantastic, and that blue dial really is awesome (and your dog clearly also approves). This may be a daft question, but is the Diver's extension easy to work with on the fly (e.g. before and after wearing a wetsuit whilst on a dive boat), or do you need a tool to extend/resize? Thanks again for your reply, and the great photos.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Thanks for the compliments and glad you enjoyed the pics! It's a stunning piece and I'm very glad I finally took the plunge after all these years. I was also thinking about the limette, but the blue limited is a bit more versatile and I couldn't pass it up when it came up on f29.

As for the diver's extension, it's a simple fold-out. No tools or anything needed. Here are a couple pics that may help...shoot, I'm having trouble uploading photos. I'll try again in a little bit.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Brilliant, thanks a lot for the bracelet pics, now I understand. I definitely prefer the bracelet option - you've convinced me, and will get one when I place my order.

Now, if anyone has any shots whilst actually scuba diving - preferably of the Limette - it would be the icing on the cake ;-)

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Brad, appreciate you taking the time to find and paste this. The support in this forum is tremendous.

I'm going to order the Limette, go diving, and see how the colour changes in reality - based on the chart. Then post the photos, of course.
I only hope my wife accepts this "scientific" experiment as sufficient justification for another new watch :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts