1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,458 Posts

Reactions: Simon

·
Premium Member
282 Posts
From what I’ve found “Walz-gold-double 20 mikron” means the case is gold plated and “Edelstahl-Boden” means stainless steel case back. “für 25 jährige treue dienste” means “for 25 years of loyal service.”

The font of the numerals and subdial give reminders of a Stowa Marine. Other vintage Marine examples I’ve seen also have the same style hands. So that all makes sense, couldnt find much for the case its self, I’ve never seen a Stowa case with those style lugs. But the movment and dial make sense so I’m sure its just a uncommon case design from back in the day.

So my guess is that its a very early example of a Marine. (They were first released in 1942) It’s likley a gift from the pervious owners company as thanks based on what the case-back says.

·
Premium Member
6,180 Posts
A very nice looking vintage Stowa. (y) For me, it looks like its design aesthetics are based on a pocket watch.

·
Registered
10,066 Posts
People won't give you a price estimate. It's against the forum rules. "3 digits" means anything from 100 to 999.

You will probably get the most money by putting it on some auction, let the buyers decide how much to pay.

Reactions: AleksV

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
@AleksV:
You offered your watch on ebay. The auction ended today with no bid on the watch. That indicates, that your starting price was far too high.
That kind of case is not a rare one. I own many of these Stowa watches. To rate your watch one must know what diameter it is. They were made from 32mm up to 38 mm in four different dimensions.
May be that such watches are 'rare' in the USA. But that doesn't mean, that they are rare in Europe. My collection contains at least 20 to 25 Stowa Vintage watches with these 'fox ear' cases.
The dial has no relationship with the well known Marine watches. It is just a common dial of that period (Fifties),

Volker

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
@AleksV:
You offered your watch on ebay. The auction ended today with no bid on the watch. That indicates, that your starting price was far too high.
That kind of case is not a rare one. I own many of these Stowa watches. To rate your watch one must know what diameter it is. They were made from 32mm up to 38 mm in four different dimensions.
May be that such watches are 'rare' in the USA. But that doesn't mean, that they are rare in Europe. My collection contains at least 20 to 25 Stowa Vintage watches with these 'fox ear' cases.
The dial has no relationship with the well known Marine watches. It is just a common dial of that period (Fifties),

Volker
it is not over. I withdrew it from the auction and set a fixed price.

·
Banned
635 Posts
OP - If you are considering selling it on WUS you can't as you don't have enough posts as you just joined today.

Reactions: Simon

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
[QUOTE = "безмозковий, допис: 52750387, учасник: 21333"]
Ця ціна існуватиме вічно.
500, - для таких повсякденних годинників смішно.
Я сподіваюся, ніхто на цьому форумі не буде так безглуздо платити вашу ціну,

Фолькер
[/ ЦИТАТА]

Я нікого не змушую. Годинник у ідеальному стані. У ньому все оригінально, крім ремінця.

·
Premium Member
282 Posts
[QUOTE = "безмозковий, допис: 52750387, учасник: 21333"]
Ця ціна існуватиме вічно.
500, - для таких повсякденних годинників смішно.
Я сподіваюся, ніхто на цьому форумі не буде так безглуздо платити вашу ціну,

Фолькер
[/ ЦИТАТА]

Я нікого не змушую. Годинник у ідеальному стані. У ньому все оригінально, крім ремінця.
I wouldn't say perfect, case has been polished for sure. Good condition, assuming its all original.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.