WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The first 'Special Offers' since Christmas. Didn't know they do this multiple times a year.

Stowa MSRP prices are competitive, but these prices make them really competitive. Got one for 20% off during Xmas and can say it was virtually new, couldn't find a mark on it and strap was brand new and you get the full 2 year warranty.

I think they also still have a €10 off if you sign up for the newsletter. (I think this link for special offers is only from the newsletter and not on the website normally)

·
Registered
438 Posts
Thanks for that link.

I just ordered a Flieger Classic 40 with logo, without date, hand-wound version.

All for the great price of 859 Euro shipped to me in Australia. I've wanted a Stowa for a year or so, and could not resist at that price.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Thanks for that link.

I just ordered a Flieger Classic 40 with logo, without date, hand-wound version.

All for the great price of 859 Euro shipped to me in Australia. I've wanted a Stowa for a year or so, and could not resist at that price.

Wait, seriously?? I would have bought that too no doubt

·
Registered
65 Posts
It helps that I don't have to pay VAT. But I just checked their site, a few of the Classic 40's are still available it seems. But none left in the configuration that I ordered.
Would you post a pic when you get it? I see the automatics on there but I’m smitten with the handwind bug atm

·
Registered
438 Posts
I received my Stowa Classic 40 Flieger today, and could not be happier.

I also purchased a black strap from Stowa which was included in the shipment, and thought that I would use it instead of the brown strap for the time being. As with most of my watch purchases, I will likely get a custom strap made in the future.

But..... for the life of me I could not find any micro scratches/swirls anywhere on the watch. Had to give the crystal a wipe down, but this watch could have passed for new. Very happy.

A couple of quick pics.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
congrats! Looks amazing. These really are essentially new huh

Looks like 10 of the 16 models left. Going slower than during Christmas but this link is only on the newsletter and not on the website

·
Registered
829 Posts
Received my Stowa Classic 40 today and like others have mentioned, these watches are in excellent condition. Definitely a great option if you're considering a Stowa. On a separate note, I was somewhat surprised by the packaging. Last Stowa I purchased still had the silver-box containers, this packaging would make Speedy owner's proud. 😅

·
Registered
438 Posts
Received my Stowa Classic 40 today and like others have mentioned, these watches are in excellent condition. Definitely a great option if you're considering a Stowa. On a separate note, I was somewhat surprised by the packaging. Last Stowa I purchased still had the silver-box containers, this packaging would make Speedy owner's proud. 😅
View attachment 15933267
Nice. Did you opt for hand wind or automatic version?

·
Registered
829 Posts

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
View attachment 15933267
I own a similar one (no logo). It’s truly an awesome handcranker. Mine keeps +1 SPDs. Congrats on the pickup

·
Registered
65 Posts
I received my Stowa Classic 40 Flieger today, and could not be happier.

I also purchased a black strap from Stowa which was included in the shipment, and thought that I would use it instead of the brown strap for the time being. As with most of my watch purchases, I will likely get a custom strap made in the future.

But..... for the life of me I could not find any micro scratches/swirls anywhere on the watch. Had to give the crystal a wipe down, but this watch could have passed for new. Very happy.

A couple of quick pics.

View attachment 15932255

View attachment 15932256
View attachment 15933267

SO DAMN JEALOUS!!!!! Those are two perfect fliegers right there. Absolutely perfect

·
Registered
825 Posts
I'm always hesitant to buy one of these watches that were at a watch show because I've seen Stowa watches at the Wind Up Expo and I remember playing with a chrono who's movement seemed to be a little screwed up (all the other watches were fine). I'm not saying that Stowa would ever ship it like that but it always makes me nervous. Probably the reason I've never bought a used car either LOL. But if yours works and looks fine then kudos!

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm always hesitant to buy one of these watches that were at a watch show because I've seen Stowa watches at the Wind Up Expo and I remember playing with a chrono who's movement seemed to be a little screwed up (all the other watches were fine). I'm not saying that Stowa would ever ship it like that but it always makes me nervous. Probably the reason I've never bought a used car either LOL. But if yours works and looks fine then kudos!
Not just watch shows, I actually think the bulk of these are returns (at least the past year or so)

·
Registered
825 Posts
Not just watch shows, I actually think the bulk of these are returns (at least the past year or so)
If that's the case then it's not a problem but I know Jorg mentioned some or a lot of them were the ones at the shows. Watch people handling them at shows is one thing but you get people that know nothing about watches that are just yanking out the crown and turning it every which way. Most returned Stowa watches are barely handled I would assume since Stowa is not a mainstream brand but more or less purchased by watch people.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts