WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have written about my 1956(?) Stowa World Time on WUS before. This is a very rare watch. To the best of my knowledge, there are three known examples. These include one belonging to Jorg Stauer in the Stowa museum, one in the UK, and the one I inherited from my father. Thanks to contributions from Volker (aka "brainless") I got quite a bit of historical information including copies of Stowa promotional literature in his collection. Many thanks and credit to Volker.

In my original posts, I was searching for a source to service this rare watch. Locally here in Massachusetts, I have been unsuccessful. I contacted the factory and they were unable to help. I started sending emails to several of the watchmakers who publish repair videos of vintage watches on Youtube. Stian Lofstadt of Vintage Watch Services in Lonay, Switzerland responded that he would be interested in servicing the watch. The video below shows his work on my Stowa World Timer.

I look forward to getting the watch back shortly and being able to wear it (carefully) without fear of it grinding itself into oblivion.

Doug

·
Premium Member
770 Posts
I’m jealous, gorgeous watch. I hope Stowa releases a world timer in the future.

Reactions: Doug Ruby
1 - 3 of 3 Posts