WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got this message from someone "offering" to buy a stowa i'm selling. I found it pretty funny, but it got me thinking about how other people unfamiliar with the brand might feel about stowa (misperceptions, etc...). What are some of the weird things you guys have seen/read/heard about Stowa? Truthfully, i've hardly ever heard an off-the-mark comment, other than some folks seem to truly resent the waiting process.... That's about it though.

Anyway, here's the note that the un-named person sent to me (fun):

"It's been three weeks and no one has bought your watch. The reason no one has bought your watch is because you are pricing it as if it was a rolex, when in fact it is a mediocre watch that no one wants. My offer is $235, get me back in another 3 weeks."

·
Registered
270 Posts
No one apart from him that is :-d There are plenty of watches on the sales forum that last weeks, in my opinion (not that I'm here long) but Stowas seem to show up quite infrequently in the sales section and I'm sure there's a reason for that

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
"It's been three weeks and no one has bought your watch. The reason no one has bought your watch is because you are pricing it as if it was a rolex, when in fact it is a mediocre watch that no one wants. My offer is $235, get me back in another 3 weeks."

I'll give you $239.99 :-d:-d:-d:-d:-d

JK, I wouldn't sell to that guy no matter what. I've never heard anything like that before and am a little shocked someone would say that on WUS. I hope it was a newbie who just doesn't know any better.

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
Darn you JimmyC! $241.37 (cold hard US cash...none of those Canadian Loonies or Toonies):-d:-d:-d:-d:-d:-d

Yeah who was it? tell them to apologize or you are going to drop their name!

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
You should tell him that out of your immense kindness you will not do him the disservice of selling him such a mediocre watch that no one wants.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Please, someone point me towards the "Rolex" that you have modeled your pricing on for this fine Stowa. :think: And why have they chosen $235? Why not $230 or $240? Maybe this guys is really a horological genius and we are missing it.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
That is funny, but I have noticed that the MOLE 2s don't seem to sell as fast as other Stowas. No love for the MOLE 2?

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Very funny comment. $239 for a Stowa?! :roll: Stowa is mediocre? :think: I guess that guy just doesn't know how Stowa watches are made. I guess for people who buy Stowa it's not about the name of the brand, but it's all about the value for money factor and individuality. When I wear my Stowa I don't care about what other people think. It is a watch that is built for me. Stowa has the heritage and history obviously. Rolex makes great watches of course, but Stowa is great too. ;-)

·
Registered
253 Posts
Anyway, here's the note that the un-named person sent to me (fun):

Blimey, thats one way to seal the deal eh? He should consider a job as a UN negotiator!

·
Registered
253 Posts
That is funny, but I have noticed that the MOLE 2s don't seem to sell as fast as other Stowas. No love for the MOLE 2?
I'm not that suprised. Its a fantastic watch and I have one myself. But truth be told, its not as unique as some of the other LE's such as the FOLE and MOLE and I would not expect it to fetch as much of a premium over the standard MO.

I'd also hazard a guess that those after a "special" MO are keeping their powder dry for some of the basel 2010 models...

·
Registered
90 Posts
Sounds like some jerkoff who just wants you to give it away. Why contradict yourself by, in one breath, saying a watch is sub-par, then in the next breath offering several hundred dollars for it?

I hate people like that, at least be somewhat reasonable when you make an offer. I just sold a Tag Formula 1 on eBay (retail $1,100) and I was getting offers of $200. :roll:

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
"NO ONE WANTS YOUR WATCH! By the way, I want your watch."

Brilliant.

Any way, if you were selling an Antea 365, I would be all over it. For some reason, Marines tend to be overwhelmingly popular but I have never fancied the design.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I'm not that suprised. Its a fantastic watch and I have one myself. But truth be told, its not as unique as some of the other LE's such as the FOLE and MOLE and I would not expect it to fetch as much of a premium over the standard MO.
I'm the opposite, I'm shocked that his watch has not sold, especially at the asking price. Everyone made a stink about the silver '12' and how it wasn't like the advertisement, and that it wasn't prominant enough. For anyone who has seen the watch in person, it's a very subtle and well done tweak to an already beautiful watch. It really makes the watch special.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Nah, I wouldn't sell my watch to a rude buyer. From my experience, the negotiation was just the beginning!!!

This buyer is not worth it! I wonder why is he buying it when he is insulting the brand in the very first place?

He probably should try going to a AD, say IWC, and offer 1k for new xvi "quoting iwc uses ETA anyway, its not very expensive mvmt" and lets see what the AD replies. LOL

Nah he is just not worth it. I am.

come on, I counter offer 5bucks more than him, but i love your watch!! sell me.. LOL (just kidding..)

Yr stowa deserves an appreciative buyer for both the watch and the seller, if not we should not be in this forum!!! For goodness sake!!! He should just go back to his cave, he behaves like a caveman...

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
He's an idiot, place him on ignore and forget about it.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Haven't heard back from him. Doubt that I will. Though, I considered sending him a note with a link to this thread, just to see if he'd "out" himself. Something tells me it could be one hilarious show.... but better not. Don't need him stomping around the stowa forum.

Anyway, funny responses from you guys.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Haven't heard back from him. Doubt that I will. Though, I considered sending him a note with a link to this thread, just to see if he'd "out" himself. Something tells me it could be one hilarious show.... but better not. Don't need him stomping around the stowa forum.

Anyway, funny responses from you guys.
I don't think this buyer is for real. He sounds a troll looking to provoke an angry response. Just apply the standard troll treatment and ignore him completely.

·
Registered
673 Posts
I get this kind of reply from some buyers in PC hardware sales forums too and they will offer peanuts for your stuffs. You know that they are just trying to bring down your price by giving all sort of reasons. I always tell them that I already have offers which are way higher than what they are offering and just ignore them. Pay no attention to these buyers who offer cut-throat prices!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts