WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As i have been very lucky purchasing some vintage Stowas from Volker @brainless, my little Stowa collections os rising.
I was wondering about the supplier back then in the 70is.
At least for this "model 372" tonneau style stainless steel Chrono, its quote obvious that Guinand Watch Co S.A. was the manufacturer.

There is a original catalogue used by the current owner in a youtube video where this watch is lsited. Guinand Flieger Chrono GMT - YouTube
all watches are no branded, so brands could order them with their own logo.

In this is it was Stowa.. but there are some Sinn watches also floating around in the web and in auctions randomly.

Watch Analog watch Clock Font Watch accessory
Watch Analog watch Font Clock Watch accessory

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Till 1994 the SINN watch company was owned by Helmut Sinn (HS). He never made watches from the scratch but ordered customized watches made by producing watch companies - such a firm was GUINAND.
After selling SINN in 1994, HS bought the Swiss GUINAND in 1995 and they built watches for him labelled JUBILAR or CHRONOSPORT or GUINAND..............as they had done in the past already for SINN under HS,

Volker

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Very interesting. Sounds like the German watchmaking history is even more interesting than the Swiss :)

·
Premium Member
39,926 Posts
Good looking watches for sure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts