WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys...

So after all of your advise I was going to go and buy the TAG I coveted. In a strange twist of fate, it is back ordered and will not be ready before my wedding. I guess the watch gods have me destined to buy an Omega :) Of these 3, which would be the best lifelong piece:

PO - 2201.50.00 Black Bezel, face
300m - 2231.50.00
Speedy day/date - 3220.50.00

I am looking to order today/tomorrow so let me know your opinion.

Chris

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Hey Guys...

So after all of your advise I was going to go and buy the TAG I coveted. In a strange twist of fate, it is back ordered and will not be ready before my wedding. I guess the watch gods have me destined to buy an Omega :) Of these 3, which would be the best lifelong piece:

300m - 2231.50.00

Chris
That's tough, I'd go PO but just make sure you try them all out before you buy, last thing you want to do is make the wrong decision with a few grand.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Hey Guys...

300m - 2231.50.00

Chris
Ok, I'm in. PO 2201.50 - it's at the top of the class for what it is, a distinctive and very well made dive watch. Solid, rugged, and beautiful. The others are nice, but to get one for life, the PO stands out for me. Good luck with the wedding, watch, and wife. Best, John

·
Registered
55 Posts
Which felt better on?

Honestly, I was torn between the PO and SM300 that you are looking at.

I loved the look of the PO and the co-axial movement. It just did not feel right on my skinny wrists and always seemed to get stuck on my shirt sleeves even with my skinny wrists (I have to wear dress shirts, dangit).

I also loved the look of the SM300. It just felt better on my wrist and I really liked the lighter weight.

Then, I saw a titanium SM300. It really felt perfect and looked perfect. It simply spoke to me.

Don't rush your decision. Wait until the right one calls out to you. After all, you didn't just ask the first girl that came along to marry you, right??

Congratulation on the wedding and let us know which one you pick.

·
Banned
3,251 Posts
Best thing to do is go to an AD and try all of them on. Whichever one looks best and feels good on your wrist is the one you should get. I would get the PO.

~JB

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
ya know, chris...i had a feeling you'd be back:-d.

i like the 2231 better than the 2254. still, PO all the way...but you're not going to go wrong with any of those 3 options***.

*** if you're gonna go with the speedy, i'm unsure if the movement 36xx is related to the same movement as the 33xx that so many on this forum have criticized. ( if you like the looks of the speedy the most and can handle no date and manual wind, i would suggest the legendary moonwatch 3570.50. or sapphire sandwich. the movements in those are top notch. just my two cents)

·
Registered
314 Posts
I would go with the PO. IMHO its a clasic in the making. Aplied markers and logo, co-ax movement, theres nothing not to love. However if you want somthing that is already timless go with the origional speedy pro. Good luck with whatever you decide.

-Ben

·
Registered
8,173 Posts
Ok, I'm in. PO 2201.50 - it's at the top of the class for what it is, a distinctive and very well made dive watch. Solid, rugged, and beautiful. The others are nice, but to get one for life, the PO stands out for me. Good luck with the wedding, watch, and wife. Best, John
Second that!

- Hiro

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
I would go with the PO.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
The titanium is so lightweight, that you will think that you've forgotten to put your watch on.:-d More so with a leather band.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Of the choices listed, definitely the PO.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
If you are looking for a watch to wear for your wedding, I would go with a Speedmaster.
Only James Bond can pull off wearing a dive watch with a tuxedo.

- Jake

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Of these 3, which would be the best lifelong piece:

300m - 2231.50.00
-Just adding my little voice to the choir - PO. Definitely.

The others are also beautiful watches, don't get me wrong - but the PO has a timeless look to it that I don't think the 2231 possesses to the same degree.

With regards to the Speedy, my personal opinion is that the day/date simply looks somewhat _wrong_. I love the features, but the uncluttered, classy look of the Speedy Pro feels somewhat diluted w/the extra stuff on the dial - most notably the silver circles surrounding the subdials.

Of the three listed above - definitely the PO.

Anyway, the most important choice has already been made - who to marry. Good luck!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So we have Narrowed it down to the PO and 2254.50.00 Bond... I am ordering today but it seems like the po is the clear choice.

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
just something a little xtra to think about...classic black bezel, white numerals is probably more timeless if you do order actually order the PO.

however, the black bezel, orange numerals adds just a little flash.and IMO, it's still timeless. you might want to check out some pics on the forum by doing a search. good luck

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It is all ordered and I went with...

The black bond 2254.50. I went to my AD tried both on and the bond won me over. I know it is for me because I truly went in to buy to PO and I wanted the po and even with all that I had to have the Bond. It felt perfect looked great and I was in awe. It's said and done with, no I am going to go take some shots to unwind for all this!!!|>

Chris

·
Registered
4,903 Posts
It is all ordered and I went with...

The black bond 2254.50. I went to my AD tried both on and the bond won me over. I know it is for me because I truly went in to buy to PO and I wanted the po and even with all that I had to have the Bond. It felt perfect looked great and I was in awe. It's said and done with, no I am going to go take some shots to unwind for all this!!!|>

Chris

great choice, i understand your choice since the PO sits a little high on the wrist, the same happened to me. the case of the 2254 fits almost every wrist perfectly.

jut to let you know that the 2254.50 is not a Bond watch, the Bond is the blue one with the skeleton hands and busy bracelet, also a new black Bond will come out soon, very good looking two.

i'm sure you will love your new Seamaster, here is mine

1 - 20 of 29 Posts