WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently rocking the g-7900 but am looking for some suggestions. I love the module but the watch just doesn't sit right. One hole too tight the other too loose. Either way just annoys the heck out of me and its not as comfortable as my riseman was. Ideas on another strap option or adapters?

Sent from my ThunderBolt using TapaTalk

·
Registered
13,980 Posts
AFAIK it's possible so use the standard Casio adapters but you'd have to remove the wings underneath the strap to make it work. There's also a nylon strap for the 7900 - but I don't know how easy/hard it is to get one of those - they were/are used on the "MS"-Models:
G-7900MS-1A
G-7900MS-1B
G-7900MS-3
GW-7900MS-3

cheers, Sedi :)

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
I stole the strap off my GD100 and put it on my G7900MS-3. I liked the feel of the MS nylon strap, but felt it was a tad too wide because it doesn't taper any. W/ the GD strap I can honestly say it's the most comfortable G I own. If you like the look, the nylon for the MS series is very comfortable as well and has more holes placed closer together.

Sent from the office of the reincarnated President of the Republic of Texas.

·
Registered
8,523 Posts
The problem with the MS nylon strap is that is stays wet forever, once exposed to water. Drove me nuts so I replaced the one on my G-7900MS with a standard resin strap. Best choice would be a 24mm Maratac Zulu or similar, but as Sedi stated you need the adapters and you have to remove the wings.

cheers

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. Loving the idea of the adapters and a zulu. Any idea where I can get adapters that fit the g-7900. I lole the idea of a thick strap but one that stays wet for a long time would drive me nuts.

Sent from my ThunderBolt using TapaTalk

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
The adapters that are used on 5600s will fit just fine. Only problem you'll have is this: when you take the wings off, the screws are going to be too long. some have just left the bezel on without screws. You could find shorter screws from another model, but the bezel is designed with a little notch at the end where the "tabs" of the wings fit.

For my taste (and just my opinion) I don't like the look because it's not "unioform." If you do a search, I know there have been pics posted of a 7900 w/ adapters on a Zulu. As for my post above, about the GD strap, a thread is worthless without pics!!

Undoubtedly the most comfortable G I have!!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Tsip85................so glad I found your post! I have the same watch "incoming" and wanted a different band because of "heat & humidity"issues in the Houston area where I live. So I ordered the DG-100 band to replace the orginal band that comes with the watch. All should arrive by the wk/end!
THANKS.................

1 - 7 of 7 Posts