WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I have a Certina DS-1 Himalaya edition. The original strap is very dark brown, and I feel like it dosent pair nicely with the watch. So I want to buy a new strap for it. Primarily a leather strap, but I am open for other materials. The watch itself is very dressy, so maybe not a rugged canvas strap. I have thought about the hirsch modena in honey colour. And I would like to spend around 0-75 USD on it. Do you have some suggestions? All suggestions appreciated.

Picture from the inter webs:
165466_v_1462897315.jpg

Picture of the actual watch:
forside.jpg

·
Premium Member
9,535 Posts
I'm way biased to vintage stitching...corner only or top-stitched. So, Worn & Wound Model 2 classic, or possibly premium...a bit over, tho, I'll grant. There's cut to order like this:

https://www.strappingfellow.com/collections/products

Got one of his button stud straps. Something to consider. FormFunctionForm also does button stud straps in Horween, with numerous color options.

Crown & Buckle Black Label.

I agree with keeping it in the tan/yellow range...Cognac, Essex Natural, Wheat, even a sand like the above. I'd target the coppery ring on the dial as my tie-in.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Tan colored leather will work or some navy. Let me know if you need a custom strap.

Cheers,

A leather strap maker from GMT + 7

1 - 4 of 4 Posts