WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm new to the forums, and have been really enjoying the incredible array of information and resources. Thanks to all.

The question of the moment is this. I've just purchased an early sixties Omega Constellation (my first Omega, btw). Attached is the vendor's photo. I will want to replace the generic black leather strap with something a little sharper and more in keeping. Not looking for OEM, but perhaps a nice brown or brown-red leather, maybe alligator or croc pattern. An Omega buckle would be nice but not critical.

Suggestions for what might go well with it? And sources (e.g. Hadley Roma)?

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
38,881 Posts
Look at the sticky at the top of this forum to review the list of on line strap vendors for ideas.

·
Banned
4,491 Posts
Safest thing to do is get it first, then measure lug width. Some of these early Connies were 19mm. Sponsor Freda (click on banner at top of page) is a good source for straps IMO. That's a classic and one of Omega's finest Connies btw. Loves thems dauphine hands!

·
Registered
4,344 Posts
I'm new to the forums, and have been really enjoying the incredible array of information and resources. Thanks to all.

The question of the moment is this. I've just purchased an early sixties Omega Constellation (my first Omega, btw). Attached is the vendor's photo. I will want to replace the generic black leather strap with something a little sharper and more in keeping. Not looking for OEM, but perhaps a nice brown or brown-red leather, maybe alligator or croc pattern. An Omega buckle would be nice but not critical.

Suggestions for what might go well with it? And sources (e.g. Hadley Roma)?

Thanks.
lovely watch - probably 18mm - can always pick up a buckle btw -gold tone presumably for yours ? i have one on the original beads of rice bracelet - you can also source a beads of rice for the Connie as an option -as for the strap yes a brown croc or alligator would look stunning - with vintage watches i always look to ebay for a not necessarily vintage strap but certainly a lightly used older one to keep with the character of the watch - this on my seamaster is a vintage omega brown croc from the 60's -on the Cosmic is a vintage brown Hamilton strap and a vintage IWC in black -dont think i paid more than £20 for each of them - sourcing a nice old leather for a great vintage watch is good fun and rewarding Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Strap Fashion accessory Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Those are some sharp-looking pieces, Shameless!

Thanks to all for your suggestions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts