WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking at the black face moonglow, but would really like to put it on a leather strap -- preferably a dark brown leather, possibly with white stitching - but am open to anything as long as it's brown.

All suggestions welcome - especially those with pics. thanks

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Hi time4awatch,

A member posted this pic of his Engineer Master II Classic with a dark brown Breitling leather strap. Imho, the combo looks absolutely fabulous, and the strap would probably work rather nicely with the black dialed Moon Glow, too. :-!

Image borrowed from and property of WUS member JH_10,000(aka Josh)

;-)

·
Registered
287 Posts
Not sure of the lug sizes, but that picture looks like a 20mm strap on a 21mm watch (like the Fireman). If so, instead of going down, go up. Most any 22mm strap will fit on a 21mm watch (20mm on 19mm etc) and looks MUCH better, because to me, wider is better looking.
Of course, YMMV

But it is quite easy to fit a 22mm strap to a 21mm watch. (and hard to find a nice 21mm strap).

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Moonglow has 20mm lugs.

Nice strap above. Anyone else got picks of some nice dark brown (sporty looking) straps on their black faced ball?

The Fireman seems like the only stock band that fits the bill, but I would go aftermarket.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Check out Freda Watch Straps Forum, here at WUS:

This is their promo pic. It really is "this" colour under normal lighting. Almost black.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Final strap question.

On Ball leather straps.

Is there only one dark brown leather strap with white stiching? (it's tough to judge color online)

Also, anyone know which dark brown Ball straps I could get for 20mm lugs?

Finally, any preference on dark brown white stiching vs. dark brown alligator (like cannoball, if available) on the moonglow

·
Registered
231 Posts
Re: strap help: Waterproof wanted required :)

hi, nice thread, good looking straps (tornado :-!).
i was looking for a waterproof leather strap for my EMII moonphase.
at present i have the following criteria that should be met:
- waterproof, absolute.
- leather (shark ?? ai poor shark....)
- double ridged.
- black ? (moony is black dial, 20mm lugs).

i already own a 22mm Aviator (verrrrry nice) and a 18mm carbon hirsch.
and a double ridged black cow for my omega PO. so , lets hear it boys and girls! thanks

·
Registered
3,558 Posts

I use a Ginsler Breitling model on my Moonie. After work I will check to see if it is waterproof.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Bought the moonphase about two weeks ago and i just love it .I put a black croodile strap on today from ball and wow it looks great.

·
Ball Watch, Bremont and Longines moderator
11,587 Posts

hi, nice thread, good looking straps (tornado :-!).
i was looking for a waterproof leather strap for my EMII moonphase.
at present i have the following criteria that should be met:
- waterproof, absolute.
- leather (shark ?? ai poor shark....)
- double ridged.
- black ? (moony is black dial, 20mm lugs).

i already own a 22mm Aviator (verrrrry nice) and a 18mm carbon hirsch.
and a double ridged black cow for my omega PO. so , lets hear it boys and girls! thanks
You may wish to try a Di Modell Chronissimo. I have had this on the EMII GMT Diver, a Aviator GMT and the Night Train and it works well. It has a military pilot look with the extra stitched flap over the spring pin and is water resistant. Next option and a little less in cost is sail cloth that can be had in a variety of stitching color options.

Here are some Ball watches on the Di Modell:

·
Registered
231 Posts
thanks michael, yes , i agree, it looks cool and fits well the looks of especially the Aviator i would say.
i will consider this option, thanks.
regards

i just took a look at this http://www.thewatchprince.com/s.nl/it.A/id.2752/.f
it says: ''the wrist protector prevents the use of deployants''. ai what a shame, so, how about the buckle damaging the strap ?
normally i put a deployant buckle to protect the straps from being damaged by the standard buckle. how about that?

·
11,587 Posts
thanks michael, yes , i agree, it looks cool and fits well the looks of especially the Aviator i would say.
i will consider this option, thanks.
regards

i just took a look at this http://www.thewatchprince.com/s.nl/it.A/id.2752/.f
it says: ''the wrist protector prevents the use of deployants''. ai what a shame, so, how about the buckle damaging the strap ?
normally i put a deployant buckle to protect the straps from being damaged by the standard buckle. how about that?
Try Lonestar (http://lonestarwatches.com/Chronissimo.htm) or some of the vendors here on WUS. They seem to have good prices.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Try Lonestar (http://lonestarwatches.com/Chronissimo.htm) or some of the vendors here on WUS. They seem to have good prices.
yeah, they look good, however i am living in spain. and shipping cost me a bit. besides, it is not clear whether a deployant can be attached to the cronissimo... would be a shame to waste such a strap with the buckle

·
11,587 Posts
yeah, they look good, however i am living in spain. and shipping cost me a bit. besides, it is not clear whether a deployant can be attached to the cronissimo... would be a shame to waste such a strap with the buckle
This will not work with a deployment that I know. Sailcloth may be a good option for you. Brady Straps here on WUS has a variety at less than $30.

Another option is Toshi straps, Richard can build you a custom that will be made specifically for your watch. He is located in the UK and generally can have something back to you in less than a week.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts