WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I'm thinking of freshening up my 60's Constellation with a new strap and am looking for some recommendations. I just bought a new SMPc, so OEM and like priced options are out at the moment. Here's the watch

IMG_5763 copy.jpg

I'm leaning towards a carbon fiber style strap, as I kind of like the idea of mixing something vintage with something modern. Something like this
374.1.1-Carbon-Fiber-Watch-Strap-in-Black-with-Black-Stitching-450x450.jpg
I'm just concerned this might be a bit too sporty for a dress watch. Otherwise, I'd prefer to go with a simple black leather strap (I'm not too fond of croc style strap), even better if it would work with an Omega style deployment. Speaking of which, is there a preferred deployment out there? I've been looking at the ones from strappedfortime and strapco, is there anything that makes strapped's worth twice what strapco's charging, or a better alternative out there? Any recommendations will be appreciated.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Without spending a lot of money (Hodinkee straps are great but very expensive IMO) you could try a perlon strap. It will be something very classy and not so common in these days.
Don't know about the color, your choice. I'll choose something classic, anyway.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Lots of places make unlined, shell Cordovan straps in various colors, so you don't have to go the Hodinkee route, but here's a pic to give you an idea as to what I was thinking, although black may work better for your particular watch:

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Hi,

try Martu Straps

I gave her a try on a vintage f300. I bought from the eBay store not the ETSY one. Link above is from the card as seen in photo. Very impressed with the product (very supple leather and you won't be able to stop smelling it!) and I asked for custom sizing (top strap length, bottom strap length, pin hole distance starting from top of bottom strap, width). I will buy from her again, I just need my next on my "to buy" list to arrive!

IMG_8338.JPG
IMG_8339.JPG

·
Registered
26 Posts
I would say, one casual brown leather, maybe with a little aged look to it, and one bad ass Croc strap in cognac or navy.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I like the idea of mixing in something modern, a Hirsch Rally could be really interesting. In the opposite direction, I think the Hirsch Duke Alligator in grey would look really sharp with this Constellation. A little random that the first two that I thought of were from Hirsch, but I've had good luck with them in the past.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Always like lizard on dress watches.

Jim

1 - 12 of 12 Posts