WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a really basic question that I hope someone can give me advice on. I have a GW-M5600BC-1ER. Love the bracelet, hate the reverse display, and the fact that the battery/capacitor is dying. Does the bracelet fit other 5600's? Thanks!:)

·
Registered
19,325 Posts
Yes it will fit other 56xx (those with 16mm lugs).

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks so much. I have to get another 5600 then. So many choices!

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
There are actually a lot of G-Shock models that use the same 16mm spacing, including DW-6900's, G- and GW-6900's, DW-6600's, and probably many other models as well!

That means that anything you see on this forum that uses the "normal" 16mm NATO/Zulu adapter will also fit that bracelet -- I know there are a few Frogmen on adapters (though I don't know the particular model numbers.)

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Excellent! Opens up the possibilities.

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
It looks like you went from perhaps a dozen choices with "just" 5600's to close to well over 200 choices now!

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wish there were as many 5600 choices as there are 6900 choices. I prefer the bigger numbers of the 5600's and don't like the "wasted" real estate that the 3 eyes on the 6900's represent. Just my personal preference.

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
I prefer the bigger numbers of the 5600's and don't like the "wasted" real estate that the 3 eyes on the 6900's represent.
I feel the same way, so I was happy to see that two of the three "eyes" on the GW-6900 have a little more purpose! The left one shows the charge level and Power Saving mode, the middle one shows "Auto EL," "Mute," and the alarm and hourly chime states. I think the "pie wedges" are easier to read than microscopic lettering on the main display. :)

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I feel the same way, so I was happy to see that two of the three "eyes" on the GW-6900 have a little more purpose! The left one shows the charge level and Power Saving mode, the middle one shows "Auto EL," "Mute," and the alarm and hourly chime states. I think the "pie wedges" are easier to read than microscopic lettering on the main display. :)
Agreed. I held off buying a DW-6900 and bought a GW. Well, actually two within the last two weeks. :roll:

The two worthless eyes never set quite right with me. I can actually justify the loss of real estate with the GW. Kinda. :-d

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Please forgive me if this has already been discussed, but will the GW-M5600BC Combi Bracelet fit directly on the watch without the need of additional end pieces or adapters? I'm thinking of getting one for my GW-M5610 but wanted to ask first to make sure so I didn't end up in the same situation as I did with my G-511.

Without the bracelet to set it apart from my DW-5000E I usually end up wearing it and leaving the 5610 in the window to charge.

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
...will the GW-M5600BC Combi Bracelet fit directly on the watch without the need of additional end pieces or adapters? I'm thinking of getting one for my GW-M5610....
Which watch is "the watch?" ;-) I think your question is "will the GW-M5600BC bracelet fit directly on a GW-M5610?"

Edit: removing large chart that doesn't address the actual question -- which I mis-read. Ooops!

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Which watch is "the watch?" ;-) I think your question is "will the GW-M5600BC bracelet fit directly on a GW-M5610?"
I knew if it would fit a GW-M5600 it would fit a GW-M5610. My question was if additional end pieces or adapters were required for it to do so.

I looked at the chart before asking, however it does not make any mention of whether or not it fits directly to the watch. All it says is "16mm can be installed".

I bought a bracelet for my G-511 that supposedly "fit the module", but in fact needed additional end pieces, which I did not find out till I tried to install it directly to the watch, and why I asked. ;-)

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
I knew if it would fit a GW-M5600 it would fit a GW-M5610. My question was if additional end pieces or adapters were required for it to do so.

I bought a bracelet for my G-511 that supposedly "fit the module", but in fact needed additional end pieces, which I did not find out till I tried to install it directly to the watch, and why I asked. ;-)
Ohhhhhhhh...sorry -- now that you mentioned it, I remember the issue of the missing and unmentioned "G-511 cover/end pieces!" :facepalm:

For the GW-M5600BC, PacPart's website doesn't make ANY mention of "cover/end pieces" as they do on the MTG-900, or the "end piece" as they do on the G-511. (As I recall, you ordered your G-511 from a "watchband company" rather than a "Casio parts place" that had all parts listed?)

Cross-referencing that part number against the GW-6900BC doesn't mention any such extra pieces either, and I can't remember any "bracelet on 6900 threads" mentioning extra pieces, either.

Even the closeup of the bracelet itself looks just like the ends of the stock 5600 straps. http://www.pacparts.com/part.cfm?sku=91087954994

Based on all of that, it doesn't LOOK as though there are any such "extra" pieces needed.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Thanks, it looked like it would fit without end pieces but I thought it better to ask than assume. The bracelet for my G-511 had a wide empty space between the sides where the end piece fit and this bracelet looked like you just slipped the springbars through the end.

I've got a new combi-bracelet for my GW-M5610 on it's way from TikTox now. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts