WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
21,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sure you guys recall my voes with the very short straps on my new 111.
Now, as I soon will be getting some "real" straps, I will not need the OE strap, so I have decided to test the quality.
I have been swimming in the sea and pool with it now almost every day for a couple of weeks, and I will continue doing that untill it gets damaged.
So far, the only change I see is that it has deepened in colour.
So, despite the fact that it is not made for Salt water, it has so far hold up very well.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Panerai claim to take samples from production and put them through a series of tests -

Here

·
Registered
541 Posts
I am sure you guys recall my voes with the very short straps on my new 111.
Now, as I soon will be getting some "real" straps, I will not need the OE strap, so I have decided to test the quality.
I have been swimming in the sea and pool with it now almost every day for a couple of weeks, and I will continue doing that untill it gets damaged.
So far, the only change I see is that it has deepened in colour.
So, despite the fact that it is not made for Salt water, it has so far hold up very well.
That is very good news Janne!!, send a pic if you can, so we can see how the strap is changing. Thanks:-!SKY

·
Banned
21,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I intend to go beyond the Panerai testing. Use/abuse it untill it shows serious damage.
It will be intersting. As said before, sofar no wisible damage (except some darkening)
It is the Calf leather strap I am trying to kill, BTW.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
I'm thinking a pit of alligators.....oh the irony!

Microwave and dishwasher?

·
Banned
21,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No way I am placing my wrist in a Microwave or a Dish washer! ;-)

No, Sweat, Salt water and Chlorinated water.

·
Registered
275 Posts

·
Banned
21,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The strap is just a little bid darker, so pointless to post a pic.
Will do later though!
Promise!

·
Banned
21,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Still not much change. The only damage sofar is that the laquer on the edge is coming off where the buckle is.
I know that Anonimo claims to have a waterproof strap, but the Panerai one is the same.
Doddamn excellent quality!
Test continues.
No pics, not much to see.

Just to clarify, I am not just dipping the watch in the water, it is submerged on and off for maybe 4 hours each sunday.Then sundried while on the wrist. Washed when I shower when we arive home in the evening.

·
4,076 Posts
Great tests Janne! Are we talking saltwater or chlorinated pool water or....?

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
I agree this is cool, although, I must say that pictures would be nice. Almost hard to believe after 1 year of abuse, no change. I think regular wear for 1 year shows a decent amount of change.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts