1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That bracelet costs almost as much as the watch... ...
Yes, such is the case with Strapcode bracelets, but people have been buying them for the Kamasu, Ray II, and Mako II. I don't have one myself. I was hoping Long Island Watch would come out with bracelets for the Kamasu.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Just a chunk of solid steel is worth almost of a beautiful time piece. So pathetic that these aftermarket vendors are ripping people off.
These stuff are made in China and probably cost $5-10 to produce.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
931 Posts
Strapcode sells this one for $35 and it’s exactly the same bracelet sells on AliExpress for $2.65 plus $2.00 shipping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i promise you it’s not the exact same one. I’ve found that, by and large, you really do get what you pay for when it comes to straps. My cheapo straps from Amazon are noticeably worse than the more expensive ones I get from my watchmaker. Of course, I have a wider selection online, but not a better selection.

Reactions: NOT_ENOUGH_CASIOS

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I have been looking for a beads of rice bracelet on Aliexpress for a while now and have not been able to find anything but a jangly "almost" BOR that is pretty low quality. It looks better than it is. It would have been right at home in the 1960s though! I would be satisfied with hollow endlinks, but so far, no luck.

None of the low cost oyster style bracelets I have found on Aliexpress are as nice as you would get on a microbrand or something from San Martin or Steeldive from what I have seen on YouTube. Some of those brands seem to be selling their bracelets separately now, but they have solid dedicated endlinks on them.

The nicest bracelets I have found that were reasonably priced were oyster and jubilee styles from Passthewatch for Mako II and Ray II, but no BOR from them.

·
Registered
Seiko, Orient and now Addiesdive
587 Posts
Yeah let's pump the brakes on 'exactly the same'.

Until you've had them both in hand....
Agree strapcode is expensive.
Probably not my thing....but i'm not willing to say they're the 'same' as a 10 buck aliexpress bracelet.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Good looking bracelet. Steep price to match, better fit and finish cost $$$. That BOR would look killer on an orange Ray II Raven w/ a Doxa bezel and insert.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts