WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

This is my first year with a few leather straps in the collection.

The last week has brought near 100 degree temps to the NYC/NJ area. Brrrrrrr.

Is June about the time to take off the straps for summer, and avoid the sweaty wrist syndrome?

What's your experience, if you would kindly share.

Thanks
Joe

·
Banned
3,251 Posts
Hi all,

This is my first year with a few leather straps in the collection.

The last week has brought near 100 degree temps to the NYC/NJ area. Brrrrrrr.

Is June about the time to take off the straps for summer, and avoid the sweaty wrist syndrome?

What's your experience, if you would kindly share.

Thanks
Joe
Hi Joe,

I just got a leather strap, first one in a while. My plan is to wear it on my watch when I will be in an A/C place. i.e. office, restaurant. At any other time, my watch will be on its bracelet or rubber strap.

~JB

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
Near 100 degrees- that's SPRINGTIME WEATHER to us in Central Texas.
I wouldn't wear one if I were working outside all day. I go from one air conditioned environment to another in summer (unless I go swimming-that gets a bracelet of course) so I wear 'em any time I want.
Don

·
Registered
8,409 Posts
Average Summer temp is about 75 for me, so straps are always good. I even wearing them venturing into the So Cal inland. Depends if I'm really going to be out in the heat or not.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Gents.

While it is A/C at home and in the office, unfortunately (or fortunately for my waist line) I do a lot of walking in NYC so the humidity engulfs me at all times, not to mention all that wonderful extra heat being kicked off by thousands of A/C units all over the place.

Guess I better go strapless for a while.

·
Registered
833 Posts
I actually tend to prefer a strap this time of year. I find it more comfortable in brief episodes of high heat and humidity. When I know I'm going to be sweaty (or in the pool), it has got to be bracelet of rubber though. Either does fine.

·
Registered
9,532 Posts
I actually tend to prefer a strap this time of year. I find it more comfortable in brief episodes of high heat and humidity. When I know I'm going to be sweaty (or in the pool), it has got to be bracelet of rubber though. Either does fine.
I think we're in the minority, but I prefer straps in the summer (all year around, actually). I think my wrists swell and contract to a ridiculous degree, in the summer. I can have my watch flopping around on my hand in the morning, and strangling my wrist in the afternoon. A strap is just more forgiving.

eric

1 - 8 of 8 Posts