WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that ‘help me decide’ posts are arguably pointless as the final decision rests with me, but just for fun and friendliness:

Which way would you go with a strap for the D Sub-1: Green or Yellow&Black?

I’d probably go yellow but I’m not sure about the black/yellow divide at the lugs.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Well, the yellow/black strap looks great.

I just ordered a dsub1 today, so I’m looking at straps too. I’ll probably just get the Hirsch Robby in black and yellow unless I find something better.

·
Registered
Damasko DB2
85 Posts
Black, I think. The Green seems a little too close to the neon yellow to “match”. That being said, I love army green so YOLO.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Well since originally posting, I’ve gone a bit mad with the strap purchases.

Hirsch Robby.

Uncle Seiko Gl831

Shearwater Teric strap

Out of these three it’s a close call, with the Uncle Seiko Gl831 Olive Drab just edging it. This fits me really well and I can wear it 24/7 without fiddling with it once. It also has a low profile which helps when it’s under a cuff, and is short enough in length that the tail doesn’t extend too far around the side of my wrist.

The Hirsch didn’t actually stay in it’s original form for very long. It looks great in the pictures, but on wrist I felt it was a little too brash, competing for attention with the watch sometimes winning. By this point I was already leaning towards the more tooling green straps, so with nothing to loose apart from an expensive strap, I dyed the yellow green!

it certainly doesn’t draw the eye like the black and yellow did.

Finally, if I’m in the position of needing to wear the watch over clothing (dry suit etc) then the Shearwater is the clear winner. Not only is it longer and with more adjustment than the others, but it comes with a large divers extension piece.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Thanks for sharing pics. I gotta say, the Uncle Seiko band does look great on it. I might need to pick one up for my Damasko DH3.0, which has the olive drab dial. Thanks again!

·
Registered
87 Posts
I know that ‘help me decide’ posts are arguably pointless as the final decision rests with me, but just for fun and friendliness:

Which way would you go with a strap for the D Sub-1: Green or Yellow&Black?

I’d probably go yellow but I’m not sure about the black/yellow divide at the lugs.

View attachment 15751898
Where did you source the black and yellow strap from, please?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts