WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Watch Experts,

I have been looking for a Strela 3017 for a while and came across this one. I like the description and pictures but noticed the color of the hands are a different color than the usual green I see with the black dial 3017s. Also the markers are usually green as well while on this watch they look black. Is this a normal variation or should I skip this one?

Watch I am looking at

Most watches I've seen look like this:

Advice appreciated,

·
Registered
865 Posts
I have 17 sekonda 3017, I’m a heavy collectors when come to 3017 caliber so I’m very confident to say that the white circle dot is normal. It’s only visible if you removed the green lume dot and rectangle green lume dot aswell. They used the white circle dot and white rectangle dot to guide for workers to lume on the dials in the factory.

Ask the seller to take a proper picture in the correct lighting, looks like a overexposed picture to me.

Remember, it’s always has been a green lume, sometimes it has blueish and greenish lume aswell. Both are normal(original colour)

To be honest, some lume dot on the dial are missing , this what makes the dial look great, if that bother you, find the another strela 3017 that has all the lume dots and nothing else is missing.

The both sub dial hands are original too, which is a bonus, a lot of them were replaced during the service because of rust.
Mat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
865 Posts
That’s normal, they are all painted red, all sekonda,Poljot padded hand are known for painted red on the tip end. However it’s looks like it’s been repainted again some time ago after original red paint has flaken off

If you look for sekonda/Poljot with a while dial (exactly same telegraph as the black dial with padded hand) you notice that red sub dial hands on white dial are painted red too.

So it’s normal.
Same for Sekonda De luxe 2209 Blue dial with red second hand which also painted red, same for Slava 2824 with second hand painted in black.

Repainted is not so much a big deal.

Mat

Edit

I now aware he wrote repainted which I misread.

Mat

·
Registered
865 Posts
Thanks for the photo

Dial is in great condition and original sub dial hands but unfortunately that’s a white lume or a white paint on the padded hands instead of the original lume colour.

You may wanna pass if that bothers you, unless you willing to find someone to repaint the red hand and a new fresh green lume for a padded hands and the dial to, it’s a easy job for the expert who can do those and so on.

Unfortunately, I’m a watchmaker , so I’m lack of knowledge for doing the lume in the proper procedure way, I would love to restore this to the original state. I’m you will find someone easily to do this for you.

Mat

·
Registered
865 Posts
Thanks again Mat, I'll keep looking, let me know if someone wants the listing if it's still up (easily found on ebay also)
What’s the budget you after for the Sekonda 3017?

Also They have Poljot 3017 too, it’s exactly the same as Sekonda 3017. Sekonda is export for UK and Poljot is rest of the Europe and Russia.

Mat

Edit

I have found one here, you might be interested in this one

This one is slight cheaper, than the one you have show us.

It’s in a good condition, the dial lume is good, the padded hands with lume is good, two sub dial hand are original aswell. The crown is original but slight worn. The movement looks great and original.
Only downside is that it may need a service at some point

I have serviced many of this 3017 caliber in the pass, so I can tick this box off as a pass for authentic and original.

Mat

1 - 10 of 10 Posts