WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I see from some of the posts that a lot of people like me do not like the lettering on the Strela glass back.
I have successfully removed mine; here is how I did it.
Remove the back take a sharp knife and scrape of the black layer from the inside, this leaves a semi transparent silver layer which can then be easily polished off with T cut or metal polish, it took me about 20 mins from start to finish. Be careful when polishing that you do not push the glass out as I managed to do
I suggest keeping it on a flat surface. the glass was easily pressed back in though

Do this at your own risk but I am very happy with the results as the 3133 movement can now be seen without obstruction.

Trenton

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Finally! :-! I've been waiting a while to see if somebody would attempt to remove the writing!

·
Registered
733 Posts
Hi,
I see from some of the posts that a lot of people like me do not like the lettering on the Strela glass back.
I have successfully removed mine; here is how I did it.
Remove the back take a sharp knife and scrape of the black layer from the inside, this leaves a semi transparent silver layer which can then be easily polished off with T cut or metal polish, it took me about 20 mins from start to finish. Be careful when polishing that you do not push the glass out as I managed to do
I suggest keeping it on a flat surface. the glass was easily pressed back in though

Do this at your own risk but I am very happy with the results as the 3133 movement can now be seen without obstruction.

Trenton
Please post some pics. I would like to see your work.:-!

·
Registered
733 Posts
Great job! Very nice indeed.:-!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts