WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
II just got this Amphibia with its neat original? bracelet. The bezel is stuck, won't move in either direction. Tried to lift it with a case opener, but could not get the opener under any part of the bezel. Tried to make room with a single edge razor blade, but it would not go under any part of the bezel. Have not tried any oil or WD-40. Any suggestions on how to loosen up the bezel? Thank you.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I have a similar case with a similar problem. My suspicion is that someone has glued the bezel on for some reason! I hope that is not the case with yours as they would have failed to have aligned the dot at 12 o' clock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
92 Posts
When I first started customizing my bezels, sometimes the retaining wire would be too tight / not on right and would cause the bezel to be impossible to rotate and insanely difficult to remove. I usually could force it off though (spare retainers on hand). Just a suggestion. Mariomart's advice looks like a good idea.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
I bought a vostok Red Sea a while back,which had a bezel that I knew beforehand the owner had superglued on,after it had detached....because he couldn't work out how to affix properly.
I used one of these suckers to grasp the bezel and turn it for removal-worked a treat!

Plastic jaws,so no damage to bezel or case!
Ratchet clamp
41hpD20PuvL._SX300_.jpg

After removing superglue residue With acetone (nail varnish remover)and plastic scraper.
I refitted the bezel properly and all is perfect now! :)

·
Registered
629 Posts
What shame! At least yours stays put though! Mine falls off if I ever drop it, or knock it against something.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Why didn't I think of this first!!! After putting a few drops of light oil around the bezel, I used a professional watch wrench. The wrench had very fine pins which I positioned in the slots of the bezel and turned the wrench. The bezel moved, and I made a complete turn. After that I was able to move it by hand and set it.

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
I was going to suggest a very light oil,like that supplied with beard trimmers et all,as I've had great success with it..

However I see you have cracked it so Bravo Sir !

1 - 11 of 11 Posts