WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is for a Casio A158W. There are 4 screws holding the case back plate in place. All 4 are too tight for me to remove with a normal jeweler's phillips screwdriver.

Suggestions?

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Try to spray a tiny bit of WD-40 and let it soak for 10-15 minutes before trying to unscrew again.
Lots of DNA may have fused the screw-tight.

·
Banned
7,819 Posts
All 4 are too tight for me to remove with a normal jeweler's phillips screwdriver.

Suggestions?
Can't believe that - is the screwdriver camming out , or you can't input enough turning force into the small spindle of the handle?

Get a screwdriver size that fits perfectly, push deep&hard and try again. Use a driver where you can insert a bar to help if necessary although I can't believe you'd need to on a tiny screw like this.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I managed to get them off. My final diagnosis is that the screws were of lower quality and unusually tight. They may not have been original. I was able to use a tiny flat head screw driver with rubber band wrapped around the shaft to provide more torque. I met high resistant all the way out. In the process, all 4 screws were damaged.

I replaced them with better screws. It all worked out. This was my first encounter with badly made screws on a brand name watch.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts