WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It doesn't get any points for brand recognition...

..but it's a great classic vintage diver - from the decent end of the spectrum. No chromed case here - but a heavy polished stainless steel, with a screw down crown, and look at that fab rotating bezel! It has a 25 Jewel 21600 ETA 2783 quickset - so from Roland's dates the watch is 1969-76 (I would have said the style was more 1960s end, its not chunky enough to be later). This was a cased locally (in a Swiss case) to get around import laws and distribution rules and sold through a local goldsmiths chain. The watch came from a retiring watchmaker :-( who used to assemble them in the evenings under contract. Probably the whole watch is NOS, I don't see any signs of wear and considering where it came from. That said, its been knocking around in a draw for 40 odd years, so it has the odd mark.

Lots of photos:

Original unmarked 22mm Tropic Sport strap

Pretty dial, red tick marks.

I am really digging this groovy bezel

Seriously thick crystal b-)

Teaser, no wabi.

The money shot - BTW, I am not familiar with the logo on the rotor.

Keeper. Nuf said. :-!

·
Registered
7,743 Posts
Well that's really nice. Congrats!

The logo could be a stylised crown, or maybe WMW - 'Working man's watch?':-d

·
Registered
184 Posts
I really like vintage dials, yours in particular is very cool, great condition. The bezel also looks like it's in good condition as well. Great find...enjoy

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all. This is what I love about obscure brands.

You can really get a great watch - of unquestionable quality - for very little outlay.

Even the strap on this goes for many times what I paid for the whole watch.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts