WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Other than band, dial face, chapter ring, hands, and bezel ring is there any difference in the case of the Seiko 200M divers that look like SKX007/009/011/171/A53/A55's?

How hard is it to swap the bezel ring (I assume I am using the right terminology).

·
Banned
11,612 Posts
Other than band, dial face, chapter ring, hands, and bezel ring is there any difference in the case of the Seiko 200M divers that look like SKX007/009/011/171/A53/A55's?

How hard is it to swap the bezel ring (I assume I am using the right terminology).
No difference. AFAIK, they all use the same case, movement set-up and bezel click-spring mechanism. Yes you can swap a bezel from one into the other, and for those that use inserts (the 171 doesn't), you can swap them too. All other parts should be interchangeable as well.

As for swapping inserts, it is easy. Pop the bezel off with a case knife (it's easier and safer to do it in the space within the lugs - just stick a good chunk of the blade in there and twist). The insert pops out if you push it from the rear. Finger preasure should be enough to put it back in place. Just make sure everything lines up with the markers before you do (this is especially true of the insert).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts