WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have not been on that website for ages since Massdrop changed to Drop, but rather accidentally my email program opened the site and the first thing I saw was this watch being offered for about $250 instead of $700 MSRP. I was just curious about what this watch is and whether this is something that is even reliable or worthwhile having? Anybody knows about this watch? As per the description (only the beige face is still available, the watch clearly looks better w/a black face bc of the red contrast):

Sturmanskie, which means “for Navigator” in Russian, is one of the few remaining Russia-based watch manufacturers. One of just 2,000 pieces, this limited-edition timepiece is styled just like the watch that Yuri Gagarin, the first man in space, wore on his 1961 journey that would change the course of history forever. Featuring all Cyrillic lettering, large Arabic numerals, and a vintage colorway, the watch is a looker—and a conversation piece. Powering it is a Vostok 2416 automatic movement with a 30-hour power reserve. Available in three rustic styles and measuring 40 millimeters.

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
I was thinking about grabbing one, but probably won't this time around. I guess how Drop works is that they build up an order base, then place an order with the manufacturer/seller, then the items ship to Drop, and then they distribute. Pretty wonky, but there are some good deals to be had.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts