WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I find it a bit amusing to see $450 watches talked about in terms of affordable, what's a watch you pay for with the change from your "affordable" watch?

·
Registered
13,407 Posts
I think I'd get lunch at Steak n' Shake instead.

·
Affordables Moderator
17,574 Posts
There's always the digital watches in Happy Meals :-d
The least I paid was $16 for a Russian hand wind Pobeda.

Cheers,
Griff

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Walmart has some digitals that don't really look that bad for about $12.00 dollars.
I can't recall the name, but some even have japanese movements.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I have bought quite a few of those digital $10-$12 watches at Walmart, I use them when fishing, camping and sporting. They wear well and have a lot of functions for not much $. They are not in the case and are usually off to the side in their own section. Most usually last 9 months or so before the batteries wear out and then I just buy a new one. Some of them are pretty cool looking as well

·
5,113 Posts
I agree... the disposables at Wal-Mart. There's usually a big selection in the $6-15 range. I used to get the kids watches there. I've bought myself a few clip style watches there too, just for fun.

·
Banned
1,339 Posts
Post some pics of $10 watches.

Cheapest watch I have is a Skagen.

It's a titanium case w/a leather band. It was on clearance at Macy's for $20 marked down from $100. It matched the Vents on my Audi TT. Just replaced the battery and gave it some wrist time yesterday.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Sharp analog quartz military style watch bought at CVS for $14.99. Keeps great time, actually looks good on wrist. Put some CZ on it and it would probably be a sellout on SHOPNBC.

·
Registered
17,515 Posts
I can state I have never bought a cheap wally world watch. I never will either. And I find it hard to believe that I am so damn bored that I would even respond to the gumball watch thread:-d

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
I can state I have never bought a cheap wally world watch. I never will either. And I find it hard to believe that I am so damn bored that I would even respond to the gumball watch thread:-d

Yeah, that's why I stayed away........I second Tragic's post!:-d

Regards Sonny

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
They are great disposable watches that take a pretty good beating and when I do not want to trash one of my expensive Alpha's that is what I wear :)

My Walmart also has great hot dogs, I actually like them better than Home depot hot dogs, so I can get a meal and a nice beater all for under $15. :-!

·
Registered
737 Posts
"...I can state I have never bought a cheap wally world watch. I never will either....
Conversely, that's all I can afford and wear. I just don't have the money to spend on some of these high falutin' watches that you guys are always talkin' 'bout here! b-)

·
Registered
224 Posts
These three :

cost the lovely sums of $18 (Rado), $16 (Seiko Sports), $9 (Seiko Kinetic)

and this one :

cost the wonderful sum of $1.25 ..

All came from Ebay .. the citizen, including postage, was $6.25 ..
Today I received a vintage Poljot mechanical alarm in really great condition,
and that one cost $19 including shipping to Malta ($9 for the watch!)

So, I guess, if you really want a proper watch for under $10 it's surely
well possible with just a little bit of patience :)

cheers

·
Registered
17 Posts
I worked at an iron ore mine and I wouldnt even subject my G-Shocks to some of those conditions. I picked up a $9 "auqa-something" from wallyworld and it lasted about 3 months.

·
Registered
17,515 Posts
lets get back on those walmart hotdogs. those are some good eatin dogs:-!

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Maybe you're in the wrong forum....after all, this is the AFFORDABLE watch forum.

Perhaps you would feel more at home in the "high end quartz" forum?

·
Registered
13,407 Posts
Maybe you're in the wrong forum....after all, this is the AFFORDABLE watch forum.

Perhaps you would feel more at home in the "high end quartz" forum?
We're all one big happy family here and Sean (yamahaki) has plenty of inexpensive watches in quite a varied collection.

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
I've owned some of the Wally world watches while in middle or highschool. I can say now that I probably wouldn't buy one cause in the end I'd never wear it due to the fact that I already own several other nicer watches. Of course, at this point, none of my watches have costed more than $200, many considerably less.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts